What would be a good time for a 15 year old?

I think Angela was saying you should search this site, cause there is enough information on the forums to start a 4 year college program on sprint performance.

That must be it! :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually went on their website and though, is this a trick? Because I didn’t find too many relavant stuff.

:cool:

Kick_Start45
Our short and long term goal for this site does not include trickery. I do encourage you to take advantage of this fabulous forum ( notice it is free!) and a varied list of excellent and relevant products.

So let me take a look at what you have shared with us so far.

Congratulations on loosing so much weight. That is impressive for anyone.

We all lack motivation at times. The most important principle for you to focus on is the idea of consistent training and nutrition over time. More information (not less) will allow you to understand how to do this.

I think it is great that you have chosen athletics to enjoy as something you may wish to participate in.

Experts from all over the world view and participate on this site daily. Some of them I have known personally for more than 10 or 15 years. You will not find better coaches anywhere.

You are jumping the gun to worry about genetics. Everyone can make the most out of what they have and improve.

My final thoughts are to suggest you take a look at Project Jane a production my husband believes addresses some of the most important issues in coaching.
As well it would greatly benefit you to read Speed Trap.

I am surprised the above mentioned sprinters are not trying to mentor the worlds future sprinters.
Our site has tried to create a place where truth stands thru peer review.

I hope this time I have done a better job ( along with the other excellent comments ) to guide you and address your questions.

Let me know.

Ange

Kick,

Speed Trap, CTFS, and GPP will be great places to start. Lots of info on programs there that were used by elite level sprinters in the past.

But I’m not really interested in buying anything and also I’m far from an elite level sprinter…

Angela, I will have a look at Poject Jane but I had some more questions.

I don’t have access to a athletics track near me at the moment so would it be fairly accurate if I used a full football (or soccer which ever one you call it) pitch/ field to time a 100m?

Also, would it help if I lost a few more pounds? I was aiming to be 65kg/ 143lbs by the end of this year.

What would the BMI of a sprinter be? I checked mine online and it was 23 for now.

kick_sprint45
We do all our tempo ( slower runs relative to sprints) on Football and or soccer fields and love working on grass.
Again, I would not focus on timing but it sounds like you need or want to time yourself and I respect that. In fact I love timing and counting my runs, times etc as it supplies me with data to learn more about my training at any given point in time. So if you time your runs keep in mind they are training runs only.
I also understand you not wanting to buy anything but at some point you will reach a point of needing self guidance thru proper information ( I would argue you need regardless of who you work with) or a great coach who guide you.
No one can properly advise you on the weight loss as it pertains to training because you eventually will aim for a weight to strength ratio. One you are far from the end of your growing period, two you just lost an incredible amount of weight and three you are only just beginning some form of regular exercise.
help me here someone I am a bit brain dead at the moment BMI?

Body mass index

kg / m (squared)

BMI would be hard to base because sprinters tend to be fairly muscled. In fact, i think Ben’s weight for '88 made him “overweight” which couldn’t be further from the truth.

I really think you want to make an exception and buy charlie francis traning system, and/or buy speed trap or visit your local library (may have it).
I very seriously reccomend this ^ ^

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

This must be one of the best forums I’ve ever been to! Infact every reply has helped me in some way!

When/ If I do time a 100m, I will try to post it up on here.

:cool:

I doubt they have it here in the UK.

The problem is I don’t think I can persuade my parents to buy these for me. Personally I would but you know what teenagers are like; BROKE! :stuck_out_tongue:

They have it everywhere where there is internet, it is a downloadable pdf. Just click on the online store link at the top of the forum page. The store only sells video and pdf downloads. Charlie Francis Training System was my first purchase and is nice because it covers pretty much everything. GPP Essentials is also good and if you’re just starting you’d probably need to do more general preperation work.

Christmas is coming up!

CFTS Ebook
http://www.charliefrancis.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=21
just over £12

GPP Essentials download
http://www.charliefrancis.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=23
under £25

lol im a teenager myself, 16 years old.
they arent expensive man, just get CFTS if you cant get anything else, christmas time anyway ?

I don’t celebrate Christmas as I’m Buddhist. :slight_smile:

I ment is it possible to buy these books or any other suggestions in book-stores or even Amazon.co.uk?

Not saying I don’t trust this website but more likely to buy it if it was on Amazon or a book-store like the WHSmith.

Do you realize that Charlie Francis is the author of these books, and that this is his website? He sells his stuff in electronic format, rather than through printed books.

Go to http://www.charliefrancis.com/store/Scripts/default.asp

Yes I did! :smiley:

I looked for speed trap in WHSmith and found it at £6.99. But I can’t seem to find Charlie Francis Training System which interested me more.

If I can’t find it, I might have to buy it here.

But for alternatives, would thesebe ok:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/186126755X/ref=s9_sima_gw_s0_p14_t1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=18YYHTV7FZK4XAKDGRP8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Training-Speed-Agility-Quickness-Performance/dp/0736058737/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_c

I dont understand why you cant buy it here…
many many people including myself have bought it on here, its an ebook and you can get it right away basically, on your computer.

It’s hard to explain.

I want to buy CFTS but my parents wouldn’t understand why I’d spend $19.99 dollars/ £12.24 for an e-book.

So I guess I might have to do without it. :frowning:

EDIT: Is CFTS £12.24 with the special holiday savings?

15?Just witnessed 3 days ago the new italian record for this age group over 60m indoor…7"12…not bad!

yeah ok brain dead as I said.
experts also said his start was bad?
who cares about bmi
how fit are you , how strong etc…
kick_start45… just start with basic stuff dude. We have given you lots and now you need to get to work.
keep us posted and good luck.