What should I do?

I’ve got 3-4 weeks before I need to report to the team football workouts for the summer session. My problem is that I haven’t been able to train in 3 weeks because of health related issues that has kept me in bed a lot. First I had some horrible neck muscle spasms, now I’m still trying to get rid of this “double vision” in my left eye. Both of these issues weren’t because of my workouts, they just came upon me for some odd reason. I’m going to have to live with the double vision now, I can’t afford to lose anymore training time.

The main reason why I want to attend the summer workouts is to simply get a jump start on making the team. Its possible that I could skip them and still get a chance to try out for the team in August. I have no idea of what the team workouts are going to be structured like or anything. I’m sure it will be lots of conditioning along with tons of 7 on 7 drills.

With the limited amount of training time I still have, should I take a week to ease back into my training after taking 3 weeks off? Or should I just resume my training like I’ve been doing?

Any suggestions are welcome…

What has your medical evaluations by a physician revealed (particularly about the double vision)? It wasn’t related to a past concussion was it?

I haven’t ever had a concussion before. My opthamologist says that it is an inflammed eye muscle (rectus medius muscle). My left eye also seems to be misaligned. I just got through taking some Prednisone to reduce the inflammation but I’ve only seen minimal improvement. I’m thinking the next step is vision therapy to re-align my eyes.

Have you been checked for blood clots? This happens sometimes when you’re in bed a lot. Could explain the muscle spasms. The double vision sounds troubling too – I say see another doc if it doesn’t clear up soon.

Well I’m over the muscle spasms now, only thing that helped that was using an EMS and a couple massage sessions. I’ve had the double vision for about a week and a half now though. I can see normal when I cover an eye, so I’m going to just learn to deal with it.

Its strange because I can still see 20/20 with each eye, its just when I open both eyes is when I see double. I’ve had an MRI and a CT scan, and everything else looked fine. So the eye doctor just assumes that its an inflammed eye muscle.

Sounds similar to what happen to me last summer the only difference was my eye was droopy. I had blood work, CT scans etc etc done and everything came back clean. I took some over-the-counter meds and it went away in 2 days. It was some scary shit because the doctors had no clue what was going on!

I forgot to mention that I did have high blood pressure last time I checked. It was 149/88. Its usually under 140/90, but usually goes over when I’m hurting.