Welcome to Rio

Maybe the Rio selection was made to focus our attention on their issues to assist this country(directly or indirectly) in improving conditions.

In reading the recent posts on this site I would say it has caught some folks attention…

Eroszag, your blind bias is stunning. Find me one other city that is hosting or has hosted an Olympics that has had such insane violence so close to the occasion. It’s unheard of.

Looking good. In Chicago they’re just beating up kids with baseball bats. At least the gangs in Chicago haven’t shot down any helicopters yet.

Local crime…high in Rio in some zone…crime against humanity: in China, there is no competition, but they got the Olympics…USA: world record holder for Exporting war…

USA world record holder for exporting war?
I think Hitler would want to have a word with you about that claim. His record is safe!

Regarding number of countries…no, USA safely first…
regarding number of years doing so…USA win again…regarding total number of victims, Hitler still has the lead. ( well, should be third…Mao and Stalin lead…not easy to give all the death in a world war to a single country,).but USA are not over…so…death toll still running.

I think eroszag needs to brush up on his history, quite significantly. Maybe Rio should be spending money on public education instead of a World Cup and an Olympics.

Mao and Stalin ran up the numbers by mainly killed their own people

Killing people has no nationality…killing their ones, or others.
Fogelson, history is my matter of study…so many chanches to know a couple of things.
Fogelson, I’m from Italy, not Brazil.
Usa has been assaulting countries at least after WWII, and the list is getting quite huge; not knowing this is ok, not admitting is at least questionable.
Regarding HOME crime, I have yet to find a country where you find so many episodes of crazy people killing 30 men ina university, or 15 in a high school, or you have WACO,…all those crazy guys ( ONly one…ahahah) in OKlahoma city…is that not crime?

Eroszag, there is nothing in the Western world (Western Europe and North America) in the last 10-20 years that can compare to what is going on in Rio right now. The same can be said for modernized areas of Asia and Eastern Europe as well. Even bringing the military into Rio can’t keep violence at bay.

How bout the Rodney King riots in LA? How about Juarez Mexico?
It’s a mess down there and that’s all we can really say about it. Time will tell what the army can do but civil rights etc always seem to disappear right before the Olympics. There have been reports of thousands of deaths at the hands of the army before Mexico City in 68.

Rodney king riots in LA are nothing like what is going on in Rio, are you KIDDING?

Fogelson, please spend some hour educating yourself in american and european history before .off course there is nothing like this in the Usa…at the same time there are no crazy guys killing people in university and high school in Brazil, or shooting people fueling cars ( 15 killing …those 2 guys after 2001)…also you have no fear of having someone bombing a federal building, hijacking planes, crushing them on a city…meeting Bin Laden or such…and so many more…yes they are different…sometimes worse, sometimes better.
Regarding europe, we had terrorism assaults in recent years in Italy, Ireland, England, Spain, Germany, France…you won’t find that there.
We should not even mention serial killers…and the likes…or the fact that more than 2.3 million people ar ein prison… ( look at the percentage of black people…)http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/prisons.htm
Also…the army ( PM) is a part of police forces…are not there as an extreme measure…but for sure you know.
There always 3 different kind of police:
Policia civil
Policia Federal
Policia MIlitar.
After those ones, there are special operation groups, like the famous BOPE .
I’,m sure they have finally found a way to solve the problem, an old recipe, the same one I thought about in my studies:
3 stages…

1. occupying favelas permanetly
  2. increase police salaries
  3. build new houses far from there, with honest people, tha vas t majority, paying them with their work
    It has worked greatly near Salvaddor an Sao Paulo
    I would add, the most important…arresting and giving hard money penalties nd fines to drug users, especially in rich zone and countries.
    Charlie thank you for remembering the massacre before Mexico City.
    Regarding Mexico, for sure are not US crimes the thousands of mexican killed there in the last few years, also by private " John Waynes/ cowboys"…
    Yes it is wikipedia…but is very complete list
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migrant_deaths_along_the_Mexico_–_United_States_border
    For europe…
    try to find something about ETA, Brigate rosse, Der Baader Meinhof Komplex, IRA and many more…still active all kind of Mafias…
    IN London, more than 30 boys aged 13-17 killed in knife gang attacks this year.
    Anyone is free to have ideas, but first better get some informations.

From the LA Times - 38 dead, 1200 injured, Billions in damage surpasing the 65 Watts riots.

Rio is averaging more than 10 dead a day. So Rio is getting multiple “Rodney King” incidents every week if you want to look at it that way. They don’t have any money in the slums, so you can’t cause much economic damage there.

School shootings are, at best, incredibly rare. Considering most of the people killed in the gang violence in Rio are teenagers who are not even in school, I don’t think it is a very relevant comparison as it just shows how bad Rio really is.

This post shows what a moron you are. Serial killers exist in all societies, across all periods of time, and are not any more prevalent in areas of the United States than anywhere else, unless of course you want to consider the fact that the US and other Western countries actually give a damn to look into it.

Rio is averaging close to a dozen murders a DAY, and that is just what is reported. You can’t find any comparison or anything worst than that in the Western world in the last 20 years, period. Referencing serial killers, school shootings, and the like just makes you look like an ignorant dumbass.

Fogelson, you own the thruth.
Your words confirm what some people told me in p.m.
You own all the datas, you make up numbers, you know what is important and what is not.
Congratulation, mr Ph.D.( btw, I got 8 rep points in a day writing this bulllshit…)

lol what numbers have I made up? Talk facts here regarding RIO or any other bid city in recent decades–you are incapable of doing that, let alone forming coherent sentences or argument. The point is, of any city that was in the final round of the Olympic bidding or any city that has had the Olympics in the previous 2 decades, there has never been anything like the violence seen in Rio. That is indisputable, plain and simple. In fact, it is unheard of in the Western world in the last 2 decades as well. Even the “worst” examples of violence don’t compare to this in length and frequency of incidents.

People on here get upset when someone brings up facts that are relevant to the issue. I tell people LKH has never trained with HSI and runs 15, people get angry at me. I say Rio is one of the most dangerous places in the world and much more dangerous than any other bid city by far, people get mad at me again.

Fogelson, you are incorrect. It isn’t the use of facts that upsets people it is when they are presented in an arrogant way and the person regularly uses derogatory language and personal attacks in their posts.

People who neglect or outright ignore facts relevant to the situation shouldn’t have their opinions or comments treated seriously or respectfully. Sorry, but I don’t believe everyone’s opinion is all happy and equally good–especially when it is happily founded upon incorrect information.