Watched fastest male HS Freshman in US at local meet today

Local HS District meet was in my city this year. Great time cheering for those we know and the HS my daughter will attend next year.

Isaiah Brandt-Sims ran a 10.86s 100m (his fastest this year was 10.72s)
21.71s time in the 200m
and 48.56s in the 400m (his fastest this year was 48.50s)

he placed 1st in all events, including the 4 x 100m, which he was anchor, and the announcer said his leg timed at about 9.6s…he passed 2 runners as if they were just jogging.

He has State records this year for freshman 100, 200 and 400…he ran the 400m for the 1st time last week just “for some strength work” clocking in a time of 48.50s, not bad for his 1st try.

Haven’t seen a local athlete this fast since watching Ja’Warren Hooker run for my old High School.

Rick

I know an 8th grader who ran 10.79 last year. That type of speed is a dime a dozen here in Florida. I know a 7th grade girl who dropped a 11.74 this year. So when you say he is the fastest freshman in the US. I seriously doubt that. Did you research that claim? Im not taking anything away from his accomplishments but bring him to fla and he will be just another fast kid. We got the #1 male and female sprinters in the country. Marvin bracy is a junior and octavia is a senior now but she dropped 11.11 last year as a junior! Florida is also home to the #2 and 3 ranked female sprinters in the country. Then you have robin reynolds who has won states in the 1,2,4 and lj for the last 3 years. PRs of 11.56, 23.6, 53.10, 19-11 oh and a 2:15 in the 800 for fun. Then you have Kendall williams a freshman who dropped 10.46 and 21.40 this year. So bring your boy down here to the sunshine state so he can get the bizness!

11.74 as a grade 7 girl? Has she fully/nearly fully developed already?

yes i was wrong she in the 8th now. and she ran 11.7 this year.

Announcer said he was fastest in US of those who ran 100m through 400m… I didn’t research it.

Oh ok. well it sounds like the announcer didnt research it either. lol