usain 9.77

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH4EcxSUjmY

anybody else notice MLF had an illegal reaction time in the B heat (.068)?

Anyone else think Bolt had a lot more upper body movement at the end of his race than in his fast times last year?

Ive just seen that myself…

The actual result from the B race:

1 DZINGAI, Brian ZIM 10.24

2 FORSYTHE, Mario
JAM

PB 10.24

3 HESSION, Paul
IRL

SB 10.34

4 BROWN, Xavier
JAM

5 LEWIS-FRANCIS, Mark
GBR

SB 10.40
0.049 ?

A DQ pending maybe?

He looked to be really going for this one, perhaps it was the WR bonus on offer.

Great result and time for Pickering, his season is starting to look a lot better, that should silence the doubters, which have included me!:o

Shame for the wind…

The WR bonus was $100,000.

Get some splits on this 100? Slower start/accel. = faster top speed for bolt perhaps?

Apart from Bolt’s start a very impressive run.

2 PICKERING, Craig GBR

Is this his new PB?

It would be if if wasn’t for the 2.1 m/s tailwind. His PB is 10.14

his does seem like he is using his arms a lot more

0.31 winning margin - its getting larger!
And for this time of the year, FAST

.31 winning margin is less significant when no one in the top 10 (or even 15?) in the world from the year before is in your race and the best season best is in the 10.1s.

Definitely not the model for relaxation over the better part of the last half of the race (based upon facial expression)

Not something I recall seeing from him during many races.

Something wasn’t quite right. He had a bigger squint in his face as well. Looks to be on his way. A few more decent races before his best yet…

That’s how he looks like when he’s going for a WR (see Beijing 200m). The same happened with Asafa when he ran his first WR in Paris.

I think he panic after he stumbled. He came up quick with a short drive phase. I bet he hasnt practiced relaxation after a stumble. Same thing happened to dix a few weeks ago when he stumbled. By the end of the race he looked bad.

Boy! Are we getting fussy! Check the film again.
The guy got left at the start, when normally he’d be well in front, and then devastated the field with 9.77, just over the limit. I have no doubt he would have gone well in the 9.60s with his normal start. Better stay tuned for what’s coming!

whens jamaican nationals?

next week, wonder how Asafa is doing?