Tyson Gay Q&A

Tyson Gay, the second fastest man in history, loves to watch football but won’t win any dancing competitions. Read his spikesmag.com pop quiz questions below.

What did you have for breakfast today?
TG: This morning I had a protein bar.

If anyone could play you in film who would it be and why?
TG: Shoot… I think I would have to go for Wesley Snipes, he’s cool, I like him.

What is the strangest thing a fan has said to you?
TG: When I was in Berlin, a fan wanted me to take a bite of his hot dog, that was definitely the strangest thing anyone has ever said to me!

What is the one thing you have to take on the circuit with you and why?
TG: I like to take snacks with me on the circuit just in case I am somewhere and I am hungry or if it is too late to eat or dinner’s over with. It means I always have something I can put in my system.

Sometimes I bring a bag full of snacks with me when I am over in Europe, normally full of cookies, crackers and stuff like gummy bears. I always make sure I have something to snack on.

Do you have any pre race routine or superstition/lucky charm?
TG: I always like to try and wear the same things each time like my compression shorts. Since 2002 I have worn them in every race, not the same pair but then again I am only on my second pair now.

If you weren’t an athlete what would you be doing now?
TG: I think the reason I am here on this earth is to be an athlete.

What is your karaoke tune?
TG: I’ve never done karaoke but it looks so much fun when my friends do it. Maybe next time it’s on I can have a go.

What has been the greatest moment of your life?
TG: When my little girl was born.

What colour is Wednesday?
TG: I would say it’s red.

If you could have any super power what would it be and why?
TG: I think it would be to be able to read people’s minds.

If your house was on fire and you could only save one thing what would it be?
TG: Well I’m in my apartment at the moment and if it happened right now it would probably be my PlayStation.

How do you like to relax away from the track?
TG: I love to play Call of Duty on the PlayStation, that’s my favourite game at the moment.

You’re awesome on the track Tyson, to make us average guys feel a little better about ourselves, tell us something you’re bad at…
TG:Dancing! I am bad at dancing! When it comes to dancing I am not the most rhythmic out there that’s for sure!

Who is the most famous person on your mobile?
TG: Former 100m record holder Maurice Greene.

What was the name of your first childhood pet?
TG: I had a dog when I was young called Treasure. It was a little chow chow.

What was your favourite childhood toy?
TG: I used to like wrestling figures, especially Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior

If you could play another sport what would it be and why?
TG: I’d like to play European football or as we call it in America ‘soccer’.

I don’t really have a favourite team but I have been watching English football for a few years now and I think it is a lot more exciting than a lot of our sports that we play over in America.

In soccer if the score is two to one those two times they score are like so exciting with the crowd going crazy.

When I watch the highlights it’s just amazing what they can do with their feet.

I think if I played I would probably make a good striker because of my speed.

What was the first music single you bought?
TG: Kris Kross and I think the song was called Jump.

Who is the best-dressed athlete on the circuit?
TG: Probably, sprinter Marc Burns.

…And the worst?
TG: ME! I’m always walking around in T-shirts and basketball shorts and sweat pants. I think I am definitely the worst dressed!

Who do you most admire?
TG: My mother

What is your most embarrassing moment in sport?
TG: Probably when I almost didn’t make it out of the prelims in the 2008 Olympic trials. I slowed up at the wrong line and had to speed back up at the 100m line, it was ridiculous.

I ended up finishing in third so made the top four, but I almost didn’t make it.

What car do you drive?
TG: I drive a Cadillac Escalade

Favourite holiday destination?
TG: It would have to be Kentucky back home.

What were you like at school?
TG: I was cool, but I guess I was a bit of a class clown and had to learn to do my homework first and then do the talking and the playing after.

The world is going to end… what would your last meal be?
TG: Hmmm… spaghetti.

If you could have five famous guests (dead or alive) round for dinner, who would they be?
TG: I would have to go for President Obama, Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson and also my grandfather who passed away and I would say also Halle Berry!

he lives in an apartment? lol…

Yeah, it would be laughable and a downright embarrassment if you had to live in something so lowly as an apartment…perhaps like these.

As a track athlete, travelling Europe for half the year, why would you want to be living in a house, and have all the additional maintenance to worry about? Lawns, gardens etc?
And who wants to do that after being in the gym and/or a tough training session. The less to worry about the better

lol good points guys, didnt actually think too much into it.