Thoughts on Charlie Francis and soccer

Exactly. There is difference from developing player and their stage of development and the elite professional.

Nobody wants to move away from AC Milan. Light training, wonderful, amazing facilities, good money, a family environment.

got an interesting email from a friend back in australia the local weekly football program called foxsports fc criticised my old coach for not having a S&C coach and for thinking he can do the job himself.

last week friday night away game / saturday no recovery fly home 90 mins then 3hr bus trip / sunday off / 1st session back agilty change of direction first up…resulting in a 3cm tear to the calf of the young striker out 4-6 weeks at best.

Hence poor results.

People keep talking about Ajax?.

Ajax have won nothing for over a decade in soccer.

Hence why I said the ‘old’ Ajax
:wink:

Watched Arsenal play this morning and interesting to hear announcer say Samir Nasri credits his performance so far to an off-season where he did not play any soccer.

Doesn’t surprise me in the least. Many team sport coaches are mistakenly attached/addicted to overt volumes of off-season technical-tactical work.

It is fear based. …if we do it and lose it’s ok because that’s what everyone else does and you win some and lose some but if we don’t do it and lose then someone’s getting fired because we didn’t do what everyone else did

Along those lines, I’ve actually developed what I believe to be a quote worthy statement that will go down in sports training history; however, I’m waiting to put in into print before I share it openly.

Needs to be kept in perspective. First, it might have been reference to the fact that he got to rest while others played in the World Cup, as he wasn’t selected for France.

And footballers don’t play football in the off season, they go on holidays. They get about four weeks on average, and it’s the only block of time they get off.

In other words, due to the never ending amount of fixtures that international footballers have, he didn’t get picked for his country and got a four week break to rest.

He’s also playing in a different position. Most probable reason.

thanks for the feedback and excellent perspective.
imo rest in sport at almost all levels is not understood or practiced.
why I am not certain but so many are confused about the simple concept of how you feel versus hard work.

thanks for the feedback and excellent perspective.
imo rest in sport at almost all levels is not understood or practiced.
why I am not certain but so many are confused about the simple concept of how you feel versus hard work.