Tempo option in cold climates

Isn’t there also an issue with the hips tightening up from the repetitive constrained motion of the bike? I remember that someone in a previous discussion mentioned this, but i forget who (might have been clemson)

I just tried the bike today at ~ 120rpm (which was not as easy as I thought it’d be) and my quads were getting really fatigued compared to everything else. This was on the lowest resistance too. This seems like LA to me.

Anyone else experience this?

Can adjusting the seat higher or lower fatigue the quads less?

yes

http://www.northlan.gov.uk/leisure+and+tourism/sports+activities/cycling/setting+up+your+bike.html

yeah i cant see why bike will be stressfull if you choose the resistance/rpm adequetly, personaly i recomend it if there is a hint of pain in the sprinting muscles

Ride your bike. Its good for cadence and it ends up being pretty tough if done properly, and you’ll keep your fitness up.

Nothing beats running if you’re a runner, though. :wink:

I also find that the bike involves too much LA. Seems the bike is too quad dominant and doesnt spread the load throughout the lower limbs enough; I would like to try raising the seat though.

Has anyone used swimming as part of their tempo work. ? Considering it for one of my athletes, not every session though.