Starter Pistol IPhone App

I just downloaded an app for my iphone from the app-store. It let’s me set the interval from on your marks to set… It has a random interval from set to the pistol sound of less than 3 seconds. Then it turns into a stop watch with a fat stop pad! I can then record times and places… So far so good! Oh yeah… 99 cents is the price.

Finally!!!

Thanks for sharing.

No worries Mate!

What is the app called? There are several weapon apps…

The app name is in the title. This is something I’ve been looking for as well, thanks for sharing! The only flaw is that the speaker on an iphone is not loud enough and the sound might be difficult to hear.

I think this is more gimmick than anything…not really usable unless you are close…and even if you could hear far away, there would be a slight delay in sound, so as to make it not so effective, since the operator would be at the finish line…this would work for the 400 I guess.

Rick

I don’t know that its a gimmick. We asked for the app, and this guy made it. Admittedly the iphone speaker is not that loud, but when I practice, i use the iphone earbuds and it works great. If I needed the sound amplified, I would get an external speaker. It works well for me, and I can’t find a decent 99 cent stopwatch anywhere that randomizes a start command with a preset interval selectable from 7 to 20 seconds between on your mark and set…

Does the app work with motion? Will it go off of my movement? Or am I dreaming :slight_smile:

No, not motion activated yet… but what an awesome idea! Maybe one of us should suggest that in the review section and see if they’ll put it in for us.

I missunderstood…sounds like a great tool, and you don’t need to pack your stopwatch around. With the gyro programs they have, a motion detected start program should be a possibility? I think my next cell will be a android. My brother in law, sister and nephew all have them and love them. My brother in law is a software designer in Seattle and makes his own programs…finally cells that have open architecture.
I sent a email/message or 2 a week or 2 ago, did you recieve them or have you been too busy? :slight_smile:

Rick

Oops! I never even looked up there… Thx! I will speak to the app creator about the motion start, that would be a great option for an upgrade!

Do you mind email exchanges?

Not at all.

Sent one a couple days ago…

This is the only app so far where you can program the workout time, and the rest. Great for core work an tempo stuff: it’s called the tae Kwan do toolkit: http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/the-taekwondo-toolkit/id362031749?mt=8

It’s free at the moment

This is the only app so far where you can program the workout time, and the rest. Great for core work an tempo stuff: it’s called the tae Kwan do toolkit: http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/the-taekwondo-toolkit/id362031749?mt=8

It’s free at the moment

Start Clapper.