Speed Volume

I urge you to get the SPP lecture series to understand how to map out a plan for your specific needs and competition schedule. My plans are interesting to allow you to see a solution to the scheduling into world championships at the world record level but are not directly applicable to all situations. you need the tools to work with and I tried to provide them with the SPP Lectures.

Thanks, could you tell me exactly are we talking about this one?
http://www.charliefrancis.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=48

I believe they are

Well said and I completely agree.

thatā€™s what youā€™re looking for

Good post James thanks. I guess for me the main frustration is that Iā€™m just a self coached athlete who runs a small business and I donā€™t have much time to figure things out on my own.

I have about 4-5 good years left to run and to possibly make it pro then my time is over. I donā€™t care to become famous our rich I just want to end my running career with good PRs and at least make it to the Olympic trials in 2012 (end of world date lol). If I felt as though I did not have the talent I would not have put myself though a decade of sacrifice and discomfort.

Anyhow, I do consider myself lucky however because I came across charlie methods before I got too old or before I cashed in my chips so at least I can go to the grave in peace knowing that I gave myself the best possible chance to succeed.

Not to many people can say that, because when I look around, many people give up on there dreams very early in game.

I appreciate your situation.

Iā€™m not sure that I can effectively put into words my own frustration with the coaching industry. One example being the lack of, according to my definition, qualified coaches out there.

Iā€™m not looking for an argument with that statement. Itā€™s my professional opinion.

Itā€™s disappointing to me, for instance, that you are without a coach.

Iā€™ve had the same discussion with RB34.

As far as Iā€™m concerned, athletic potential that goes untapped due to a lack of accessible and qualified coaching is a travesty.

Start off easy and see how things progress. You should see nice improvement after the first few weeks. Keep volume low at first. It goes a long way. I had a baseball guy drop his 60 times by over 0.2 doing 1 speed workout a week, with workouts similar to posted earlier. Itā€™s not as hard as you may think at your level.

If someone were to use the split runs as you have it here (2 sets of 5x60m) would they comeback to the longer runs later in the season? Im looking at my vanc 04 graph and the spec. end 1 graph finishes the 12 week spp with 150s Sorry to but in this discussion but :smiley: Im trying to think of a way to prgress 60m split runs for endurance since the track that I will have access to is a rectangular mondo track (a real pain in the ass or achillies in my case!!!)

Thanks

Yep, and to add insult in injury there are abundant unused acres of training grounds, new tracks surrounded by fresh cut manicured grass and clean weight rooms that I personally see never get used!

In my area pretty much every HS/Collage has there own track and I NEVER see anybody use it. Every time Iā€™m out there Iā€™m the only guy using it.

As a matter of fact I just found another track in my area that is BRAND NEW and itā€™s so nice I never want to leave the D$M track when I go there.

Here is a news clip of the track; its all finished and lucky me it only takes me 8 minutes to get there!:cool:

http://blogs.phillyburbs.com/news/bcct/gwynedd-mercy-college-turf-field-groundbreaking/

http://athletics.gmc.edu/turffield091908.php

I just got my SPP download and it has answered all of my questions and then some. I look forward to reviewing other downloads in the futures.