So where would you train and why....

I can only speak for myself, but for me, sprinting is an obsession. I’m always thinking about sprinting and I wish I could train full time and travel the world competing against the best.

With that said, my question to the members here is if you were offered a shoe contract that allowed you to quit your job and train/coach year around without working a day job, what country/state would you decide to set up camp? As for myself, I would chose none other then southern California in USA!:cool:

In California (my former place of residence), year around, the weather is great, it hardly ever rains, there are dirt hills (unlike Texas) to do GPP, you got the ocean to go relax and unwind (Russian weightlifters were instructed to do this) and most of all, you have a legacy of GREAT sprinters/coaches (e.g., Flojo, HSI, various HS phenoms ect) who have trained on that same soil, and so, it’s something almost magical about being there.

So yes, California is my pic, what’s yours?

I would choose Flagstaff, Arizona then as you say, California.

Monte Carlo…isn’t it obvious!

Jamaica in the off season (oct-april)

My reasons I will be in the Carribean, Grass Tracks, they apparently know what they are doing.

Monte Carlo or somewhere like that during the competitive season (may-sept)

Little off topic, any good track coaches in North Carolina?

Yea, Arizona is niiiice… It’s just awesome running in the desert.

Yea, I would start with the coaches at St Augustine collage.

http://www.st-aug.edu/sports-page/mens-indoor-track.htm

So they train on grass tracks for most of their training?

Trevor Graham

No why?:confused:

Is he still able to coach? I know he has a son but his son is not old enough to be coaching.

I think right before outdoors they transition to harder mondo gradually…

Would love 2… :cool:

I’m lucky enough to train at York U in Toronto and get to see my track heroes regularly. I’d love to get a little help from Elite Edge (Desai Williams / Anthony McCleary) occasionally, but that’s about it! Second choice, do a GPP with MVP for a season- that would be something, my redheaded masters ass chugging up hills in Jamaica.

On a side note, where abouts in North Carolina is Trevor Graham located? I’m going to be visiting friends there soon, maybe he would be down for a consult?

Awesome!^^

He still lives in Raleigh. He doesn’t do much coaching (at least of what people know about), but I am sure he has his hand in the jar! There are some other good coaches in the area also.