Sherone Simpson and asafa positive

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/23307913

ASAFA TOO?? What is going on this year???

Testers are catching up

Science fact too many contaminated supplements in the market.

I know what asafa and sheer one took, which is found in supplements so I hope they don’t get a ban. Still waiting to find out what gay took

Powell may be done - injuries etc.

All them sub ten races will do it

Looks like Gay may have inadvertantly let his trust in an anti-aging doctor ruin his shot at the World Championship gold…

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/news/20130716/tyson-gay-positive-test-news/

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/jul/27/tyson-gay-drugs-positive-doping-usada

Multiple positives over a short time span generally indicate the athlete doesn’t know he’s taking a banned substnace. Too bad.

Or it indicates the athlete didn’t think he would get caught, which would also fit in with Gay’s story of putting his trust in someone only to be let down. Don’t feed in to all the media spin stories. Also, why has it still not been announced what Gay tested positive for? Something doesn’t smell right here.

Gay took the samething asafa took. Oxiliforene. This is only a stimulant, so I can guarantee that they were taking a supplent containing the drug, but they didnt know the drug was in it. PLus who da fuck has ever heard of this drug. It amazes me how wada has a million compounds on that list and athletes should know each. gtfoh.

Also, Oxi has no scientific evidence that it will enhance performance. These guys are fast because of solid training and genetics. Not a stim. IF they are on some hardcore stuff thats a different story, but all this crap over a stim is ridiculous.

There are a lot of banned substances on the USDA list with no scientific proof that they’re performance enhancing. There’s also another criteria to ban athletes, if they use experimental or non-approved substances.

LOl so they ban you just for trying stuff they havent found. Soon they gonna start banning people for thinking about a “PED”

The only reason people use is to try and gain an advantage. Whatever happened to the level field

There’s a gov’t inquiry into supplementation and PED in sport in Australia. Rugby league and AFL teams have been linked to the use of peptides and various other alleged PE substances. Peptides have not been proven to be PE however they are still banned. I find it very frustrating that the mainstream media continue sensationalise the subject by using PED title. When in fact all of the alleged substances have not been proven to be PE.

Do more research on peptides. Amino acids is a good starting point.

Creatine: does not change the structure of the cell, the cell retains water. Up to 25% gain in strength, users have a puffy look. It is legal

Level playing field?
I think Sady that ship sailed a long time ago did it not? It’s difficult to control many variables in sport outside the use off PED"s.
You are making the assumption that someone or anyone running things wants a level playing field. Now what fun would there be with that? The consumers of the sport don’t much care. They want faster , higher and stronger… how you get there well that is up to the individual.
Track is a perfect feeding ground for taking advantage of the not level playing field… No parents are usually part of the kids track career, it’s individual so no one person has too much power and the Merlene’s of the world and the Usain’s as well… what possible vested interest might either have in unifying for others coming up thru the ranks? ZERO would be the answer. And it is not either person’s responsibility to help or educate a future population except maybe we might start thinking about giving back to a sport? I want to know some big name people " giving" back to track that might have had enough influence to manage and start a union in track … Name one. I can name paid coaches but I be we can’t come up with too many not paid coaches trying to promote some change in our sport to make things different.

Studies on peptides( GH, Testosterone precursors) need to be approved by research committees. Given they’re on the ban list. No way would ethical approval would be granted. I had discussed this with research committees and they opinioned such a study would be unethical.

Peptides have been out for a while now. IGF-1, tb500. Can they even test for it

My bet is that Tyson was on growth hormone, mostly because most people think its undetectable, but I hear rumors that they can detect it up to 60 days now.

GH should be banned because it’s so expensive :stuck_out_tongue:

In Dr. Rudman’s study he found that some of the patients suffered from carpal tunnel syndrome and gynecomastia (enlarged breasts).

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070126004524AApln2q

Effects of human growth hormone on body composition in elderly men.
Rudman D, Feller AG, Cohn L, Shetty KR, Rudman IW, Draper MW.
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee.