Server Outage - My continued apologies for a very tough year!

Hi Everyone,

Well I’m going to chalk this up to a very tough learning experience. As you are well aware the forums were down for a few days this week. We launched our new software at the start of April and things ran well but last week we experienced a hosting outage which caused some data corruption within the new software databases.

Thank-you For Your Patience - Please Enjoy 50% off everything In The Store Until May 12th, 2011

Just Enter Code 50PERCENT in the last step of the checkout last process!

Example:

CLICK HEREto visit the Store!

The forums are back up now but unfortunately we are still working with the software provider to recover the most recent postings. We have reverted to the last offsite backup of the database to get the forums back as timely as possible while in the background we are working with our software provided to try to recover the data as best we can.

Going forward we have instituted a disaster recovery plan that includes much improved backups and fault tolerant hardware. I’m confident we will not encounter this again.

Thanks again for your continued support and patience. It is much appreciated.
iPhone, iPad,[FONT=&quot] and Android Apps Coming Soon![/FONT]

I’m going to continue to improve the user experience of the site, starting with mobile! We are working on the final phase of our iPhone, iPad,[FONT=&quot] and Android Apps that will allow you to take the Charlie Francis Forum with you on the go.[/FONT]
Best Regards,
Angela Coon

Good things are worth waiting for…

we are all behind you ange

I wasn’t worried. I knew that if I kept checking in every day that the site would be up sooner than later. :slight_smile:

Hello Angé, good to see the forum running again, speak soon PJ

Andriod App!! Fantastic.
With GPS technology in Phones these days, there are some wicked apps around for distance running. It would be Great to be the 1st GPS app dedicated to Sprints performance.

Very pleasing to see the forum back up again!

Great news definitely, the hard work is much appreciated. Even more appreciated is the 50% discount!

Great to hear everything works now.
Hope that the hardware wont fail you again.

and as a bonus…
can the "South Africa Series "
be made a special bundle :cool:

If there is a CF Forum App for Iphone and Android coming…please don’t leave those of us with Blackberries out in the cold!

Did anybody else have their order show up as the pre-discount total on their paypal receipt and their CF order confirmation instead of the total after the 50% off discount?

Angela, I emailed the address about inquiries that I received my downloads and other information from about this problem and have yet to do the downloads.

I do want the products but obviously am enticed by the discount and would only make this purchase if this is the case.

Really enjoy and appreciate all the hard work you are putting in to improve and further the site and training materials.

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Discount doesnt seem to be working in paypal when i tried it, but worked in the normal payment mode

I had the same problem with in the paypal account but when I moved to the next step it worked, said that it had been applied and that the total was half off of what it previously was. But when I received the conformation emails the original pre-discount price was shown.

I just cant seem to find the FIELD to place the discount code…

• i click: checkout.
    then there’s a field: Tell us about any special instructions:
    only 3 buttins:
    update , checkout, paypal.

i click checkout again and it goes to paypal.

What is going on…?

I f you want i can setup a shop with all features for CF.com

I had NO problems with my downloads. I was charged the correct amount.
You have to have a little faith… the discount code comes up as the LAST step.
Thanks for the discount Angela:)

Thanks a lot.

I’m so happy this site is back running. Must have been 100 times in the last week that I checked it hoping to see it back up…and now it is

I too just ordered a large amount of content and the discount was applied correctly. That being said I’m not sure how to actually GET any of it, there were no links or information sent to me detailing any of that other than the email that said all the products had been shipped. I thought they were all electronic content?

Edit - After emailing info@charliefrancis.com my issues have been resolved. Thanks for the quick help!