Run fast...Turn left

Monday

Track
Warm up

15m-15m-15m-15m-15m at 100%-90%-100%-90%-100% X 3 10 minutes recovery.

200m (50% had to be done on grass then the last 100 was done on track)

• 27.9s 5 min recovery
  • 25.5s 5 min recovery
  • 25.1s 5 min recovery

Rating

Thoughts
The flying runs were very good. Felt a bit weak over the 200s for some reason. I plan on going to the gym tomorrow as its raining heavy today and will be tomorrow so tempo will be out. Just going to do some light stuff like Squats 10X60kg-5X70kg-3X80kg.

I was talking to some people about my race on saturday. Aparently my start was A lot worse than I previously thought, and I thought it was horrible. One person told me that as soon as I cleared the blocks it looked like I was going to run 11.7 lol. Good news in a way.

Tuesday

Gym - Light
Squats - parallel
60kg x 10
80kg x 5
100kg x 3

stiff leggeds
60kg X 8
80kg X 3

Rating
7/10

Thoughts
Okay, energy was all right. I went to the school gym today, this little year 9 almost shat his pants when he saw me squatting 100kg lol. :smiley:

probably thought you were gonna snap in half :eek: :stuck_out_tongue:

:mad: :stuck_out_tongue:

Wednesday

track
Mondo in spikes…

Warm up

Acelleration 30m @ 90% 2 minutes rest
Block starts @ 95% with full recovery

• 5m
  • 15m
  • 15m
  • 30m (cruise to 60)
  • 30m (cruise to 60)
  • 30m (cruise to 60)

Ab work and 15 mins rest.

200m @ 90%.

Rating
8/10

Thoughts
Worked on start so I have the set position in my embedded in my head. Emphasis on 90%-95% because I need to relax more. Coach told me that when I get my start right no one in secschools can stay with my acelleration. Nice compliment, I think it was because he thought my confidence was down after such a terrible start on saturday lol.

the 100 and 200 are on this saturday so I’ll try and run in both.

Thursday

grass track in flats

150m X 3 -> walk back recovery

6 mins break

150m X 3

20-21s pace.

rating
7.5/10

thoughts
cant be bothered :stuck_out_tongue:

What you running on Saterbury?

100/200. if i feel tired ill just do 200.

22.4 is still a pretty good time, just think what’s going to happen when you get it right :slight_smile: . Stay encouraged and patient young Padawan. :smiley:

Pretty close to pb isn’t it?

Man I think If you expect great times even Pbs when ya feel like crap then you are derinately optimistic though your body knows better especialy if your throat is sore. It often happens you do your training and just when your ready to race your body says " oy back off bastard I want to rest." listen to your body mate, dont be too hard on youself, make up for it next time ey.

Here are yesterdays results from here

http://www.leithharriers.com/2006_10_28_T&F_Results.htm

Not sure how strong your wind was but 22.4 would have probably placed 3rd here behind CI and TM.

EDIT, found your results and see that wind was -1.1 and for as crappy as you felt you still only finished 0.07 behind DA.

You guys run a funny program no 400m or 1500m yesterday :confused:

I’d try to forget about times Raps. Just focus on getting things right when you race and doing as best you can. First race of the year for me I expected to throw down an 11.4 flat at worst and I come out with an 11.6 granted the start was shit. Just forget times, you can never be sure how fast you really are, just run well and things’ll come together.

Nice avatar Pacasso, “Living on a Prayerrrrrrrrrr” :cool:

So how did you do at Nationals? Did you get the record?

teddy ran a 22.04 into a 1.6 headwind and placed second behind daniel who ran 21.85.

yo superman, wondering who you are? PM me maybe? :wink:

was kind of trying to let this thread die as keeping a journal takes up too much time haha :smiley: