Reverse Leg Press

This seems even more un-natural than the first video I posted?

Un-natural how so?

This is for the video RB put up.
I would put - lack of full range of motion here (unless they are super tight - in which case, one has other issues to worry about 1st…)
I would like to see the knee getting closer to 90deg at the front, and there is no Extension of the leg past Straight line with the body.
For an exercise like this, for it’s purpose, Full complete range would be best, otherwise, go Squat :slight_smile:

For the very 1st video posted - looks nearly good - nice knee lift, perhaps too much. But, the position ends with the foot Underneath the person (just like a squat would)

They are tight…

Where, mostly?
What sort of stuff do you do to combat this issue? Do you do therapy yourself, or pass them onto somebody else?
I used to pass my clients onto somebody else - but, the issues never left. So, i had to start doing it myself.
To get it done right, ya got to do it yourself…

Talking about the vid…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lOLPHbK_NY

If the guy in the Video - for purposes of track running - if he stood a big closer to the pad, he would/should get better rear side extension.

Closer???

Sure his chest is on it, But, he is leaning into it.
His technique is fine for the Body sculpting ppl

If you look at when he is pushing at full extension - he is bent at the waist. If he can control that - eg, be nice and tall, then better.

However - I’m not a fan of having things to lean into things with your Torso. eg, the chest pad.

Part of the real strength that can occur, is learning to drive that foot backwards, and hold that force produced through your torso where your torso supports itself.

I have a machine that does what im trying to say - but, getting it recorded ATM isn’t gunna happen for a couple of weeks.

I hope this makes sense?

I personally believe there is a lot of difference between doing things supported like shown in this video, and non supported. I like the idea of the shoulders taking the weight, eg, like holding a barbell on your back, but it’s a solid non moving bar. If you’re weak in the supporting back muscles, you’ll crumble under load.
To note - you can be a bodybuilder and train purely on machines
- you don’t become the best athlete you can by training on machines (unless your injured… - but that’s a different story)

I really don’t care - weights are general - the machine serves the purpose of general strengthen of the glutes/hamstring region. I don’t give a shit if it’s a leg press, machine squat, or barbell squat it’s all doing the same thing.

I should note also - talking about machines.
I don’t do much in the way of weights for the last 2-3 yrs. Very little.
I can’t even personally Bench 100kg anymore… ATM - 80kg…

However, I know this bodybuilding guy - he can bench 130kg. And so one with other exercises.
It took him, around half a minute to unload this cable weight to do a chest press, that i can do 4-5 times. And, he could only do around the same reps once he finally unracked the weight.
Sure he is way stronger than me - but, once he had to use his strength in an unsupported position, the strength he had, was lost.

He’s a turd - I hope we all would have a chance to work with some decent athletes…

I used to believe the same.
I don’t plan to convince you. It’s up to you to try if you want to or not.
I’m just letting you know what I have seen with myself and other clients. I told you of one client - he was just one example of many.

If you do what you know - you’ll better results than trying something you don’t know - even if the way you don’t know is “better”.

haha - actually, you’re right - he was a turd…
Totally agree on getting to train consistently with decent athletes. Everybody i get to train is typically over 30yrs old, with no sporting background. It’s worse when they are 20yrs old and are weaker than your granma… At least, once i’m done with them, they are half decent, no matter how much they sucked :slight_smile:

I know it sounds crazy - it sounded crazy to me also when James Smith preached the same shit - don’t make it harder then what it is… Bol with your clients…

You are training muscles, it doesn’t really matter how you do it.

Agreed if you’re a bodybuilder

Athletes - esp track runners - should aim to get their Organism Strong - not specific individual muscles (unless they have imbalance issues - but that’s a different issue)

Hence why the large basic’s are the foundation of good track strength work - Squats, chins/weighted, heavy rows, bench, power cleans, explosive mediball throws, plyros
It’s not just the act of Rowing, it’s also the act of Supporting YOURSELF and not relying on Pads to do the work for you.

Get off the machines - grab a friggin bar, and ROW!!

Professor Ron Laura (co author of the matrix principle), body builder also the strongest man in the world. How strong are you talking about.

Ron helped me with a program that got Katie Hall a National 90m hurdle gold. Before we started she was not at region level.

Mate I love it, suggest you do not complete the movement.

13 yr girl named Carra Onley did similar in the gym, won 12 mths gym membership in a bench press comp, she lifted above her bodyweight.
She was no 2 in NSW behind Jana Pittman over 100m.

Also have a video where she won 100m in Sydney by 20m, the girl that came second was a crock squad member.