RB34 Comeback Program Part 2

Well When I did that much weight the vol was low. Maybe 5 reps. I really dont do much sleds. I like to use my resistance cable. Forgot what its called. The one charlie use to use. I like it because the resistance is constant from start to finish and I can come out the blocks with it.

I’ve been using a range between 15-25 lbs so far.

I counted 9 steps to 10 yds, so I’d say that the weight is fairly effective. Unless 9 steps is normal for you, which I doubt.

You must be talking about the Isorobic Exerciser. How do you set yours up?

Yep thats it. At one of the tracks I train at there is a fence behind where I do starts at. I just tie it up behind my blocks. Do you have one?

No I don’t. I almost bought one at one time, but I realized that I wouldn’t be able to use it because all the tracks I train at don’t have a fence near them.

I agree, most people don’t look at the surface also.

Any thoughts on my training mate? I think as he cont to get stronger most of his issues will take care of themselves.

//youtu.be/9CBg0BvRQEU

//youtu.be/KAvwwBPhZ7o

Week 4:
Mon: 460 (Field Turf)
Warmup C
3x10 flat
3x10 push
3x20 high
4x20 efe
2x50 20/30
Texas 2x30
400 walk/jog bare foot
Ab circuit 1x20sec
pc 2x5x60, 2x4x65
cp 3x3x90
bs 5x5x80% of 5rm
weighted decline situps 3x10x50lbs
bike/stretch

Overall awesome first non sled speed workout; all the runs felt fast. I tweak a muscle in my back/rib cage area last week and it gave me some issues on the squats, hopefully it doesn’t hinder my training much longer, the weights overall felt easy which is exactly what I want from the weights this year.

Tue: 1200
Warmup A
ringo x5
4x300 5min
400 walk/jog
wille x8
bp 3x4
chest support rows 3x10
weight circuit A 2x10
body curls 3x5
bike/stretch

We had to speed things up this morning to beat the rain, overall things went well. I was a little rusty of the bench press since I didn’t push it in the acc block. Thursday controlled speed work session should be a beast!!!

Wed: 1250
Warmup W
300-300-250-200-200 7-8mins 30int limit (CSW)
4x100 (ext tempo) bare foot
planks 2x30sec

Tough workout but wasn’t as tough as I thought it was gonna be. My training mate had a tough time with this workout, kinda surprise me because he usually breeze through the ext tempo and CSW sessions. We had a major headwind on the final 100m which made it tougher to finish the longer runs.

Thur: 1200
Warmup Z
dino x4
6x200 (Easy strides) 230mins
400 walk/jog bare foot
wille x8
ip 3x4
lat pd under 3x10
weight circuit B 2x10
body curls 3x5
bike/stretch

The MB throws today was average at best, I had some good throws but as a whole they were average. Since our muscles are loaded with the speed and strength work we are having to work harder to hit decent times with the longer tempo runs vs inseason where the speed and strength work was much lower we had to give less effort and still hit much faster times. Also part of it is mental, I know on the ext tempo days I don’t have run fast so it’s hard to get up for the work. At one point in gpp my weight was in the 174 area, I weighed in yesterday at 181 after making some minor adjustments to my diet mainly to increase recovery efforts. Overall I am very happy with how my training is going even though Thursday’s and Friday’s are hell days.

My training mate is happy with his progress he weighed in at 179-180 post workout, he has put on some serious weight in a short time period with a brutal daily schedule that includes training with me daily, working 20-40hrs per week, fall baseball workouts that includes skill work and scrimmages etc. My bro made some adjustments to his diet about 2 weeks ago and since then he has put on some serious weight.

Fri: 320
Warm-up C
louisiana x12
2x4x40 sled 90sec/3mins
400 walk/jog
pc 2x6 2x5
bs 5x5x70% of 5rm
rdl 5x5 245, 255, 265, 275, 285
Dep pushups 3x
weighted decline sit-ups 3x10
Ab circuit 1x20sec
bike/stretch

Crazy morning, we made it 3/4 into the warm-up then it started to rain so we headed to the indoor track which is about a 15min drive when we arrived at the indoor track it was closed so we drove back to the outdoor track and was able to finish the workout because the rain stopped. We had to rearrange some of the training components but overall everything went very well. I made several mistakes with the lifting, I went slightly heavier on the power cleans and did 5 sets instead of 4 on the rdl’s. The squats were easy and I mainly did them so I could keep the feel of the movement.

3 more to go!!

Week 5:
Mon: 340
Warmup C
Texas 2x30
2x10 flat
2x20 push
2x20 high
4x20 efe
400 walk/jog
Ab circuit 1x20sec
pc 4x4x70
1a: cp 3x3x95
1b: weighted decline situps 3x10x50
bs 4x5x85% of 5rm
bike/stretch

Another poor planning day by me, woke up this morning and it was 48-50 degrees with 30mph winds I thought we had a chance to run outdoors since we are still in gpp (bad idea) that plan failed so we had to drive from the outdoor track to indoor track. The weather suppose to be good Tue/Wed and shit Thur/Fri so we will move the tempo 200’s to Tue that should allow at least one grass day.

Overall training went well besides being very tight in my lower body. The E-F-E felt awesome it felt like I hit another gear towards the end of the 40m zone, my top speed mechanics felt good also.

Tue: 1200
Warmup A
Ringo x5
4x300 5m
400 walk/jog
wille x8
bp 2x4 x3
1a: chest support rows 3x10
1b: body curls 3x5
weight circuit A 2x10
bike/stretch

Wed: 1150
Warmup W
300-250-250-200-150 6-8 mins 30m int limit (CSW)
4x100 ext tempo
Planks 2x30sec

Thur: 1200
Warmup Z
Dino x4
6x200 230m
400 walk/jog
wille x8
ip 3x4
1a: lat pd under 3x10
1b: body curls 3x5
weight circuit B 2x10
bike/stretch

Man it seems like you have some new words everyworkout. what the hell is a dino, willie, ip? lol

Yep. Dino = Mb hop series, willie = Core GS series, Ip = incline press. Not going into detail about each series. BTW read page one that would answer most your questions…

Fri: 320
Warmup C
Louisiana 1x12
2x4x40 sled 3pt
Ab circuit 1x20sec
400 walk/jog
pc x6 2x5 x4
bs 4x5x75% of 5rm
rdl 4x5 255, 275, 315, 315
Dep pushups 3x
weighted decline situps 3x10x50
bike/stretch

Tue: Love how the squats sessions are going, feel like I am getting stronger without beating up my legs etc. Overall good session, I am keeping the ext tempo on the easy side until I hit spp.

Wed: Another good session the CSW is improving each week, even on the indoor track.

Thur: Usually by Thursday I don’t feel like training but things has changed, I felt good on the track and weight room. The incline session felt much better then the bench press on Tuesday.

Fri: First set of sled pulls felt awesome the second set I got lazy with my focus and tech. Once again love the way the squats are treating me!!

Sat: Some light stiffness in my hamstrings from the Rdl’s but nothing major. Overall I feel good about my progress but must continue to make strides with my general fitness. Will try and get some 3pt starts on film this upcoming Monday, I will be approaching the final week of Max strength 1 - follow by a 1 week unload.