RB34 Comeback Program Part 2

After a 2.5 weeks of vacation it’s time to kick off my new season tomorrow. I have 13-14 weeks before my first indoor race and I’m looking forward to doing big things this upcoming season.

Below you can see the sample training outline for my 7 week GPP:

Mon:
Speed on field turf
Skip/bound series
Lower body weights

Tue:
Multi throw series
Ext tempo (300-400’s) on the track
Upper body weights
weight circuit

Wed:
Controlled speed work (150-300’s) on the track
Low vol ext tempo (flushing)

Thur:
Multi throw/hop series
Ext tempo (200’s) on field turf
Upper body weights
Weight circuit

Fri:
Speed on field turf
Jump circuit
Lower body weights

My strength training in GPP will be 3 weeks of Accum weights (10 reps) followed by 3 weeks of max strength (3-5 reps) and finishing off with 1 week of unloading before going into SPP.

Why did you start a new journal?

Why not? New season and it’s easier to find things the other journal was getting to big.

tru. what kinda shoes u using for speed work? racing flats?

Week 1 of GPP:

Mon: 300
Warmup C
5x10/5x20/5x30 sled
Texas 1x20 (skip/bound series)
400 jog barefoot
Ab circuit 1x20sec
pc 4x6x50%
cp 3x5x75%
bs 3x10x80% of 10rm
weighted decline situps 3x10x40lbs
bike 5mins and light stretching

Overall great way to kick off my new season, this was my best opening day of workouts! The toughest thing I did today was the high rep squats, I was on the floor crying. I felt a little out of breath at the beginning of my warmup but things got easier as I got into the speed work, my body had a tough time adjusting to the new supps; I hope this don’t last long because I felt like shit.

Trainers, some days if the field turf is wet I will use football cleats. I train in the mornings and sometimes the field turf is wet.

Whats supplements you taking?

I will send you a pm…

Tue: 1200
Warmup A
Ringo x5
4x300 57-62/5min
400 walk/jog barefoot
Willie x10
bp 3x10
db rows 3x10
weight circuit A 2x10
russ series 2x10x70
bike 5min/light stretching

My squatting tech must be better then what it was years ago because I am no longer sore in my quads when doing squats but more so in my gluts and hamstrings. The track work went well, I wasn’t giving much effort on the 300’s because I’m giving myself 2-3 weeks before I start to aim for certain times etc. The weights were super easy! So far I am happy with how things are going with training!!!

Wed: 800
Warmup W
4x200 4min rest 27-30sec (CSW)
4x100 bare foot (ext tempo)
Planks 2x30sec

What was a easy workout this summer was a semi tough workout today. I am having to work a little harder on these runs since I am sore but next week I should be good to go.

Any thoughts James?

Thur: 1200
Warmup Z
Dino x4
6x200 37/230
wille x8
400 walk/jog bare foot
ip 3x10
lat pd fr 3x10
weight circuit B 2x10
russ series 2x10
bike/stretch

What can I say, my general fitness suck ass only after taking 2.5 weeks of doing jack shit. This week has felt like hell and I’m sure tomorrow will be more of the same.

Has your hip/ankle flexibility improved, allowing better squat technique?

I think my overall mobility has gotten better esp in my hips. Back in college we did tons of back and front squatting for football so I came quad dominant. Is it normal to have tons of upper hamstring soreness and not much mid-lower when squatting?

Couple yrs ago, squat tech wasn’t great.

10x4x65.5%

//youtu.be/-46OjQqpSsk

In my experience, yes it is. Though from what I’ve seen, it seems that upper hamstring soreness is worse when people first start going deep, then it goes back to being mere regular soreness :). I also get quite sore 2 and 3 days after after doing high volume squats, though a warmup will make it go away for while before returning later in the day. Low volume/high weight doesn’t bother me.

I haven’t had a chance to watch your video yet due to being on a funny computer atm; I’ll look at it later today when I’m at the gym.

I should be good to go by next week.

Fri: 300
Warmup C
5x10/5x20/5x30 sled
Louisiana 1x10
400 walk/jog bare foot
Ab circuit 1x20sec
pc 4x6
bs 3x10x70% of 10rm
rdl 4x8
Depletion push-ups 3x
weighted decline sit-ups 3x10x50

Week 1 is in the books, I was still sore this morning but was able to get through the workout after a solid warm-up. It’s much easier training with a partner, it’s weird because he get trashed from the speed/power work and I get trashed from the tempo work. Gonna enjoy this weekend and watch some college football and get ready for NFL fantasy football season!!

Mon: 360
Warmup C
3x3x40 sled
Texas 1x20
400 walk/jog bare foot
Ab circuit 1x20sec
pc 2x6x50 2x5x55
cp 3x5x80
bs 3x10x85% of 10rm
weighted decline situps 3x10x60lbs
bike 5min/stretch

After Friday weight session I was extremely sore in my hamstrings, not my upper hamstring region but the mid region. After several ice treatments, solid warm-up, and easing into the first couple sled pulls I was able to have a solid workout. Overall things didn’t feel bad today and I was able to knock off 30mins from my workout time.