RB34 Comeback Program Part 2

Probably won’t post the video since the quality isn’t good, may wait until I get a better digital cam.

Damn I havent done any dep pushups in a while. I never look forward to it

Lol, today was a bad day. The sled pulls looked decent, I’m trying to correct my body position.

//youtu.be/yyggtwHkFq4

//youtu.be/2JstflbAxuM

//youtu.be/Rb_44VJiUvk

Looks good man, any way you could slow mo those puppies?

How much weight are you using?

11lbs free weight
10-12lbs sled weight
+/- a couple lbs.

How heavy are your sled pulls?

I know when I do Them I have between 25-50 lbs. It looked like you were getting no real resistance.

LOL, I was getting plenty resistance, ask CF how much resistance you need. I’m good based on his advice. It’s stupid to use a lot of resistance when you are doing high vol pulls, we save the heavy stuff when the vol gets lower.

Well When I did that much weight the vol was low. Maybe 5 reps. I really dont do much sleds. I like to use my resistance cable. Forgot what its called. The one charlie use to use. I like it because the resistance is constant from start to finish and I can come out the blocks with it.

I’ve been using a range between 15-25 lbs so far.

I counted 9 steps to 10 yds, so I’d say that the weight is fairly effective. Unless 9 steps is normal for you, which I doubt.

You must be talking about the Isorobic Exerciser. How do you set yours up?

Yep thats it. At one of the tracks I train at there is a fence behind where I do starts at. I just tie it up behind my blocks. Do you have one?

No I don’t. I almost bought one at one time, but I realized that I wouldn’t be able to use it because all the tracks I train at don’t have a fence near them.

I agree, most people don’t look at the surface also.

Any thoughts on my training mate? I think as he cont to get stronger most of his issues will take care of themselves.

//youtu.be/9CBg0BvRQEU

//youtu.be/KAvwwBPhZ7o

Week 4:
Mon: 460 (Field Turf)
Warmup C
3x10 flat
3x10 push
3x20 high
4x20 efe
2x50 20/30
Texas 2x30
400 walk/jog bare foot
Ab circuit 1x20sec
pc 2x5x60, 2x4x65
cp 3x3x90
bs 5x5x80% of 5rm
weighted decline situps 3x10x50lbs
bike/stretch

Overall awesome first non sled speed workout; all the runs felt fast. I tweak a muscle in my back/rib cage area last week and it gave me some issues on the squats, hopefully it doesn’t hinder my training much longer, the weights overall felt easy which is exactly what I want from the weights this year.

Tue: 1200
Warmup A
ringo x5
4x300 5min
400 walk/jog
wille x8
bp 3x4
chest support rows 3x10
weight circuit A 2x10
body curls 3x5
bike/stretch

We had to speed things up this morning to beat the rain, overall things went well. I was a little rusty of the bench press since I didn’t push it in the acc block. Thursday controlled speed work session should be a beast!!!

Wed: 1250
Warmup W
300-300-250-200-200 7-8mins 30int limit (CSW)
4x100 (ext tempo) bare foot
planks 2x30sec

Tough workout but wasn’t as tough as I thought it was gonna be. My training mate had a tough time with this workout, kinda surprise me because he usually breeze through the ext tempo and CSW sessions. We had a major headwind on the final 100m which made it tougher to finish the longer runs.

Thur: 1200
Warmup Z
dino x4
6x200 (Easy strides) 230mins
400 walk/jog bare foot
wille x8
ip 3x4
lat pd under 3x10
weight circuit B 2x10
body curls 3x5
bike/stretch

The MB throws today was average at best, I had some good throws but as a whole they were average. Since our muscles are loaded with the speed and strength work we are having to work harder to hit decent times with the longer tempo runs vs inseason where the speed and strength work was much lower we had to give less effort and still hit much faster times. Also part of it is mental, I know on the ext tempo days I don’t have run fast so it’s hard to get up for the work. At one point in gpp my weight was in the 174 area, I weighed in yesterday at 181 after making some minor adjustments to my diet mainly to increase recovery efforts. Overall I am very happy with how my training is going even though Thursday’s and Friday’s are hell days.

My training mate is happy with his progress he weighed in at 179-180 post workout, he has put on some serious weight in a short time period with a brutal daily schedule that includes training with me daily, working 20-40hrs per week, fall baseball workouts that includes skill work and scrimmages etc. My bro made some adjustments to his diet about 2 weeks ago and since then he has put on some serious weight.