powell 10.07

-0.3m

Barely edged out frater and bailey who were 2nd and 3rd in 10.07 and 10.08. Got a bad start and his acceleration doesnt look sharp at all.

Terrible start. He came out iceskating

Maybe his .229 reaction time is related to a screwed up start. If we give him a .159, that’s 10.00.

Regardless powell has to get it together, and it unfortunately looks a long way into 9.7 shape.

He was probably jet lagged, it affects people differently and isn’t always the same each time they come to Europe. Jamaica to Oslo is a hell of a journey.

//youtu.be/qExA6yA1CuU

Wind 'er up for a big start…and run 10.07

My guess is 1. Bolt, 2. Gay and 3…still open in Berlin. Asafa isn’t quite there to compete with those two.

He was probably jet lagged, it affects people differently and isn’t always the same each time they come to Europe. Jamaica to Oslo is a hell of a journey.

KK,

When Asafa is really ready he can run 10 flat even if he had traveled from Mars. If this was 2005-2007 Asafa would have still traveled from JAM to EUR and walked the track in sub 10. Something isn’t right with him/his training.

I do not have the facts and this is only my observation.

His ankle still bothers him…

didn’t he do a lot more 400m training this year?

In the past he was favorit and disapointed… Now he run in the shadow and can shine in Berlin… Who knows :slight_smile:

im going with this one, as long as he’s constantly racing and improving… who knows.

That’s also my thought - now that Powell isn’t running as well, he might not have many expectations for himself, and hopefully he can survive 4 rounds to run his best race in the final. That might only be another Bronze, but it’s better than 5th. It is, in my opinion, his last chance for a major medal.

He still requires a proper prep. to run 4 rounds, but I think he’ll get that bronze.
I wouldnt say its his last chance… he’s 26 now… look at how Greene came back in 04.

Obviously we’ll find out. Greene was basically at the top (or near) for 8 years. Starting Powell in 04, this is his 6th year of being at the top (or near). He’s been injured repeatedly throughout his career, more than Mo that I’m aware of. Powell’s been hurt most (all?) seasons, and that isn’t good for longevity. The next major (after this one) is the 2011 WC, when he’ll be 28.

Then again, you cant really say that. All sprinters/runners are never 100%. Hell, any athlete is never 100% during the season. They sustain injuries along the way. Be it minor or major, it still affects their play on the field or on the track.

I still see powell competing in 2011 worlds and 2012 olympics, and maybe even 2013 worlds.

Commonwealth games next year ;):slight_smile:

Is 28 really too old now?

It seems some short sprinters hit their prime around then.

With what’s going on right now, I don’t know if that’s the case for Powell, but I don’t believe this is his “last chance.”

I also wonder why powell gets so many injuries. Is he really following basic injury prevention tips all the time?