Pfaff states the obvious

i thought of this thread today, i was watching a Cycling Race on TV, 40klm and must have been about 2klm loops. Somewhere in Sydney on the Coast of Crunulla i think.
Anyway, the commentators were saying, and giving lots of praise to the Coaching structure here in Australia for cycling. They said, if anybody even has the slightest bit of tallent, they will get seen fast, and nurtured along. And as a result, Australia do very in the Junior ranks at like World Juniors, then, The progress into Opens continues and we (australia) continue to florish well and strong with some of the Best cyclists in the world.

This is something that Athletics could learn well from.

I was under the impression Aus cycling had dropped away from where it was a few years ago when they were really dominant especially on the track. :confused:

The British cycling programme’s progress over the past few years ago is really impressive and even good old NZ cycling has done well including a talent id programme which attracted people from other sports such as rowing. They did testing for physical capabilities and then taught them to ride.

yeah im not really sure? Just going off what they said on the show.

I do know that guys are cycling everywhere around here. It would have to be close to being as popular as swimming in the open age groups. Just like there are oly pools in every town, you also see dudes riding their bikes in nearly every town also. Very popular