On the Grind: My Endless Pursuit of Athletic Aspiration

I plan on continuing compteting in the meets starting next week, and I may as well run the 400m with the 100m. With accel volume, I’m talking about 300-400m total on Mondays. This shouldn’t be too much should it?

Not sure why you want to do that much accel work, you have been working on accel for months now and that should be in place. I’m sure your weaknesses are top speed and speed endurance. I would do 4x30 on your SE session, 4x30 on your speed session, and 6-12 runs before/after the meet, that should be plenty of accel work.

Ok ya I probably need to spend more time on top speed and speed endurance. I just wish I would’ve trained with blocks on all the previous accel work.

Why? I don’t even have blocks, I think you will be ok.

Saturday, 5-22-10

Warmup (Light foam roll, 1 Lap jog, dynamic flexibility, activation work, sprint drills, 4 x MB Throws) I hit a PR on my OHB at 19.5yds

Sprint Work:
4 x 10m
1 x 60m, 7.24 HT
4 x 20m

Rudiment Hops:
DBL hops - 2 x 10m
SL hops - 2 x 10m
Backward DBL hops - 2 x 10m

Worked on technique for OLs afterwards.

This is the first time I’ve ever gotten a 60m timed, and it wasn’t too bad. My coach says that I could break 7 with correcting more technique flaws. I’m planning on doing this when my tryout comes.

Pretty much the biggest problem I’m having right now is simply not using enough hip extension during sprinting. Here is a clip from a 10m today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quGSOJSKQzg

Monday, 5-24-10

Warmup (1 Lap jog, hip mobility, dynamic stretching, sprint drills, MB Throws, light accels)

Sprint Work:
4 x 30m
1 x 150m (95%)

MB Throws:
Snatch Throw - 5x
Push Press Throw - 5x

Rudiment Hops:
DBL forward - 2 x 10yds
SL forward - 1 x 10yds

Keeping things easy today, the accels felt real good. I ran into some strong wind with the 150m today.

17.75 in trainers should equal a faster 100m time - what’s your thoughts?

Ku2u#1, What are your tryouts for?. Football? Soccer?

?.

Track…

I definitely wouldn’t consider that time legit, it was self handtimed, even though the dropoffs in the following runs make it seem reasonable for intensive tempo. But I am expecting to run a faster 100m time at the meet tomorrow. One reason being that I’m no longer sick and have done some training. The 60m time I ran the other day should indicate a faster 100m time I would think. It’s just a guessing game with HT’s vs. FAT times though.

Tuesday, 5-25-10

Warmup (foam rolling, hip mobility)

Bench - 135 x 5, 185 x 5, 205 x 5, 235 x 2, 235 x 2
Neutral Chins - 4 x 10
Incline DB Press - 3 x 10, 60’s

Wednesday, 5-26-10
OFF/meet tomorrow

In the meet tomorrow, I may run the 100m, 200m, and the 400m.

Plus the wind, that’s the bad thing about outdoor track.

Can’t wait to see how your body perform with this workout so close to your meet. I remember Charlie telling me to do all SE work even “submax” as far away as possible.

The meet tomorrow will explain a lot more than the meet last week. So what are you saying? Do you think that I performed this workout too close to the meet?

Hope your meet went well, heard the weather was hottt.

Ok, I’m still running HS girl times…

100m - 12.03
200m - 24.8 (20min after 100m)
Both are FAT

I still feel like I have nothing after 50m for the 100, form just goes to crap. I’m a little embarrassed about the 200 because I didn’t even have the right foot forward. Overall today I didn’t feel too good, psoas/quads were tight, etc. I didn’t do the 400m because it was going to be before the 100m. The truth still hurts…

At least you are getting faster. The 100m is a bitc* because of the SE component, unless you have a blazing first 60m you will struggle. Look at your high school workouts, shit loads of general fitness and SE work.

I agree with what you’re saying. Brutal Intensive Tempo+Weights+fitness from football training+Meets and everything went well back then.

I wouldn’t stress over it, you haven’t been training for the 100m.

I was planning on running 3 x 300m w/ 6min rest at 48-50sec, but after the second one I tweaked my right hamstring. I’m going to forget about competing and rest as long as needed for this hamstring to get better. I’d have to blame this on being inconsistent in the weight room and with therapy over the past 2 weeks.