My quest for 6.7

Sun Nov. 28th

Still a tough week, training load is becoming more present than freshness.

3x flying 25m

2xflying 50m

3xstanding 35m

6x8 bounds for distance
3x10 split squat jumps

Sun Nov. 28th

Still a tough week, training load is becoming more present than freshness.

3x flying 25m

2xflying 50m

3xstanding 35m

6x8 bounds for distance
3x10 split squat jumps

what kind of timing system do you use when doing the touchpad runs?

Its some sort of equestrian system. Its an odd system but gets the job done. Misses times sometimes but other then that its good. I believe my coach payed 500 for it. 4 beams and one of the beams doubles as a touchpad.

Tuesday Nov. 30th

5x200m @ 24-25s with 8 minutes break

2x8 bench press
3x8 declined shoulder press

Tuesday Nov. 30th

5x200m @ 24-25s with 8 minutes break

2x8 bench press
3x8 declined shoulder press

Thursday Dec. 2nd

2x15m falling start
2x20m 3pt starts
2x25m 4pt starts

4x30m 25lb sled
2x30m 20lb sled

2flying 50m with 10lb sled

5x heads up block starts

So I wanted to get some heads up start action today. I’ve typically had some problems starting in race and in practice. My start never lived up to what I was capable of producing in a 4pt. 3pt or standing starts. Something must have been up. So I downloaded fundamentals 1 because in the description it talked a lot about the start. Watched it a bunch of times. Charlie’s advice for starting was awesome. I took some good pointers from it and applied it to myself. For me its an arm split issue, I take the long route up on my lead arm, as a result my lead leg tends to come out slow and I end up stopping myself. I focused on starting with very fast arm action and letting the elbow come to the side.

The difference was great. Heads up today I was blowing away my training partner, whereas usually we would battle to 15m before I pulled away. Very promising results so far, I’m going to keep reinforcing this cue.

3x8 hurdle hops
2x10 depth jumps

3x3 squats

Still feeling loaded. This should be the end of a 3 week work cycle and the rest week comes next week. We took it a little harder because the next 2 weeks the facility availability isnt so good so its almost like a built in rest period as a result. Which is good because I definitely need it before a big competition period.

Double post

Body fat tested this morning at 6.4% down from 10.9% in the summer.

The test used was an Australian sport institute one, 7 sites, arm+waist+hip girth, 2 condyle widths.

Body fat tested this morning at 6.4% down from 10.9% in the summer.

The test used was an Australian sport institute one, 7 sites, arm+waist+hip girth, 2 condyle widths.

Sun. Dec 5th

Last loading day of this cycle, time for rest now.

4x4pt 35m
2xflying 25m

8x5 bounds
3x10 step up jumps per leg

It doesnt look like much, but we stopped early on the fly 25’s, times were not the greatest. In need of some good therapy and recovery over the next week.

Double post

Thursday Dec 9th

I ended up taking tuesday off. Was starting to get sick and it was the start of a rest week so I really needed the rest.

3x15m falling start
4x20m 3pt
4x25m 4pt

Some tempo reps

2x5 squats really light
3x5 bench press
3x5 declined shoulder press
some abs

Already starting to feel better, we’ll see how sunday goes.

http://www.upmygame.com/watchv/4849/0/

One of my starts. Only video taped one and this one I ended up stumbling out pretty bad. 2 things I notice, hips arent high enough and I sink in the set position. Its been a real bad habit of mine.

A positive is that I’ve implemented Charlie’s cue of getting the hand up quickly and letting the elbow come to the side. The difference this has made is huge and measurable. Compared to start videos of last year a 30 degree change in hip angle of the lead leg and 20-30 degree improvement at the lead knee. Quite significant.

that diet must be paying off :cool:

Totally. Its implementation was very successful, and I’ve hit my goal weight and switched back to a healthier maintenance diet. which is pretty much the same diet, but I’m trying something a little different. Instead of increasing my daily caloric intake by 300cals/day, I increased it by 600 on training days only. So it averages out to the same. I read in an old training book that this was a useful strategy to stay lean and still recover well from workouts.

Workouts have been going so bad lately. My coach’s workouts, while i dont agree with some of what he does, have too much useless fatigue involved and he does not take care of CNS freshness. As a result my training times have gotten worse and worse. Even after 1 easy week.

My 35m touchpad starts go as follows:

Week 7- 4.33s
Week 10- 4.30s
Week 12- 4.33s
Week 14- 4.47s
Week 15- 4.46s
Week 16- 4.40s

During the past 4 weeks, all my lifts are down, all my bounds are down, my top speed is down and so is my acceleration. This is a clear cut sign of CNS overload, yet my coach thinks it because my strength levels have dropped. So frustrating. So at this stage I basically threatened that he give me more rest throughout the upcoming few weeks and reduced the workload on days or I will leave and do my own thing. I’m hoping things will bounce back once enough recover is taken.

I’ll be doing 2 workouts a week from now on until my speed has returned over the christmas break.

Who are you to judge your coach under the eyes of the world ,boy?

I am his athlete. I think athletes have the right to expect performance improvements at the right times. I’m not completely worried at this point because I do believe that my performance will bounce, but only given the right circumstances. My performance will be the ultimate judge of my coach. I havent given up on him yet. I also treat this thread as a journal of sorts and I write down all my thoughts, whatever they may be. So that I can go back at times and review my thoughts and how I was feeling during certain periods. That gives me the right.

Anyway, we have planned a series of lowered intensity workouts around some higher intensity ones.

Today

3x5 bench press

8x70m hills

refreshing

I understand. Thank you.