2x15m falling start
3x20m 3pt
2x30m 20lb sled
2x50m 10lb sled
4x30m blocks

A couple of 53inch box jumps

5x3 cleans

Hey AthleticCoach,

The messaging system hasnt been working for me for the past few days. Send me an email: syrus2001@hotmail.com

Hey AthleticCoach,

The messaging system hasnt been working for me for the past few days. Send me an email: syrus2001@hotmail.com

Sun. Nov 14th

6x flying 30m from a gradual accel

4x20m heads up starts
They felt weird, had to get my head out of my ass.

1x180m

4x3 squats

First day were plyos are now on maintenance, so finally able to devote some amount of energy to lifting.

Sun. Nov 14th

6x flying 30m from a gradual accel

4x20m heads up starts
They felt weird, had to get my head out of my ass.

1x180m

4x3 squats

First day where plyos are now on maintenance, so finally able to devote some amount of energy to lifting.

Tue Nov. 16th

4xflying 70m split runs with 3 mins break
1x120m

3x8 bench press
3x6 declined shoulder press

Easy session, leading into our first competition this saturday. Still too early to make any predictions, we’ll see how the meet goes.

Tue Nov. 16th

4xflying 70m split runs with 3 mins break
1x120m

3x8 bench press
3x6 declined shoulder press

Easy session, leading into our first competition this saturday. Still too early to make any predictions, we’ll see how the meet goes.

3x15m 3pt
2x20m 4pt
2x30m sled sprints

4x block starts

2 sets of easy cleans

I had a massage earlier today, and had dead legs a little bit. I thought it wouldnt be too bad since this session wasnt too stressful and I’ll be nice and loose on Saturday. First race of the year.

3x15m 3pt
2x20m 4pt
2x30m sled sprints

4x block starts

2 sets of easy cleans

I had a massage earlier today, and had dead legs a little bit. I thought it wouldnt be too bad since this session wasnt too stressful and I’ll be nice and loose on Saturday. First race of the year.

Tues Nov. 23rd
Huge volume today

2x4x70m with 3 mins rest between reps and 8 between sets
2x120m with 5 mins rest

plyo circuit
2x14 ankle hops
2x14 tuck jumps
3x14 tuck forward
3x16 high knee bounds
2x12 large amplitude jumps

3x8 bench press

Ran a meet this past saturday, what a disaster. 7.24s in the heats, 7.13s in the final. My blocks completely flew out from under me in the heats, and in the final they held us forever I had a terrible reaction time and my start was a complete mess.

My coach did a recap on everyone’s performance based on our testing numbers. Adding the standing touchpad 30m and the flying 30m plus standard reaction time of .15s. Turns out that this is a valid measure to reasonably predict performance. For our team, the average was +/- 0.06s based on our best performances. There were a few outliers.

Mine was +0.27s, so there was definately some issues somewhere. And I’m certain it was my start. Slow reaction, plus messed up start = slow ass time. So I’ve got to put in a bit of technical work in order to get my time down to one of those times that are below my testing numbers prediction.

Tues Nov. 23rd
Huge volume today

2x4x70m with 3 mins rest between reps and 8 between sets
2x120m with 5 mins rest

plyo circuit
2x14 ankle hops
2x14 tuck jumps
3x14 tuck forward
3x16 high knee bounds
2x12 large amplitude jumps

3x8 bench press

Ran a meet this past saturday, what a disaster. 7.24s in the heats, 7.13s in the final. My blocks completely flew out from under me in the heats, and in the final they held us forever I had a terrible reaction time and my start was a complete mess.

My coach did a recap on everyone’s performance based on our testing numbers. Adding the standing touchpad 30m and the flying 30m plus standard reaction time of .15s. Turns out that this is a valid measure to reasonably predict performance. For our team, the average was +/- 0.06s based on our best performances. There were a few outliers.

Mine was +0.27s, so there was definately some issues somewhere. And I’m certain it was my start. Slow reaction, plus messed up start = slow ass time. So I’ve got to put in a bit of technical work in order to get my time down to one of those times that are below my testing numbers prediction.

Still trying to recover from that huge volume on Tuesday and my coach throws another big one at me.

2x15m falling starts
2x20m 3pt
2x25m 4pt
4x30m 25lb sled
2x30m 20lb sled

2xflying 50m with 10lb sled

4x blocks

2x3 squats

Barely able to finish my squats I was too tired

Sun Nov. 28th

Still a tough week, training load is becoming more present than freshness.

3x flying 25m

2xflying 50m

3xstanding 35m

6x8 bounds for distance
3x10 split squat jumps

Sun Nov. 28th

Still a tough week, training load is becoming more present than freshness.

3x flying 25m

2xflying 50m

3xstanding 35m

6x8 bounds for distance
3x10 split squat jumps

what kind of timing system do you use when doing the touchpad runs?

Its some sort of equestrian system. Its an odd system but gets the job done. Misses times sometimes but other then that its good. I believe my coach payed 500 for it. 4 beams and one of the beams doubles as a touchpad.

Tuesday Nov. 30th

5x200m @ 24-25s with 8 minutes break

2x8 bench press
3x8 declined shoulder press

Tuesday Nov. 30th

5x200m @ 24-25s with 8 minutes break

2x8 bench press
3x8 declined shoulder press

Thursday Dec. 2nd

2x15m falling start
2x20m 3pt starts
2x25m 4pt starts

4x30m 25lb sled
2x30m 20lb sled

2flying 50m with 10lb sled

5x heads up block starts

So I wanted to get some heads up start action today. I’ve typically had some problems starting in race and in practice. My start never lived up to what I was capable of producing in a 4pt. 3pt or standing starts. Something must have been up. So I downloaded fundamentals 1 because in the description it talked a lot about the start. Watched it a bunch of times. Charlie’s advice for starting was awesome. I took some good pointers from it and applied it to myself. For me its an arm split issue, I take the long route up on my lead arm, as a result my lead leg tends to come out slow and I end up stopping myself. I focused on starting with very fast arm action and letting the elbow come to the side.

The difference was great. Heads up today I was blowing away my training partner, whereas usually we would battle to 15m before I pulled away. Very promising results so far, I’m going to keep reinforcing this cue.

3x8 hurdle hops
2x10 depth jumps

3x3 squats

Still feeling loaded. This should be the end of a 3 week work cycle and the rest week comes next week. We took it a little harder because the next 2 weeks the facility availability isnt so good so its almost like a built in rest period as a result. Which is good because I definitely need it before a big competition period.

Double post