My quest for 6.7

Strictly for sprint performance, do you think hill sprints are better or sled resisted sprints?

And you getting any tempo in? or just some here and there. I haven’t been doing that much tempo… will get in more during SPP + some int. tempo… but do you think it’s gonna affect me much going into speed endurance work later on? if the 200 isn’t my focus at all…

I think sleds have a better transfer to accels than hills. I’m not a huge tempo guy, but I get it in on a weekly basis just to keep fit and burn some extra calories. I also find it helps with recovery, I hate going cold from nothing the day before to a sprint workout. Although, its really not fast at all and my volumes are quite low compared to others.

Today:
4x2x100m hills with 1.5 minutes break between reps, 10 minutes between sets
4x5 vertical medball throws
6x4 box squats @315
4x5 incline bench press

I tried hitting the gym a little harder, since overall CNS stress is pretty low these days. I kept the weight that I would use for 5 reps and dropped it to 4 reps but rather than my usual 3 sets I did 6. The end result was much more difficult. Good workout. Incline didnt hurt my shoulder, which is odd, must be the specific joint loading of the flat bench.

Started practice today with a standing 30m time trial today. The coach didnt want me to do many so I only did 2. It was more for the tryout squad.

I clocked a personal best off the bat. Which is phenomenal for this time of year and surely related to my weight loss.

2x30m electronic with touchpad, 3.85 3.90. Previous all time best was 3.88 right before i tore my hamstring in phenomenal shape 2 years ago and ended running a 6.97s when I recovered a month after the injury. Last seasons best was 3.93 right before I ran 7.04.

Then I did my workout

4x20m with 30lb sled
4x30m with 20lb sled

Plyo circuit
2x10 pause box jumps
4x13s tuck jumps
4x10 tuck forwards
3x10 high knee bounds
2x12 on each leg, 1 legged low box jumps

3x10 weight hip thrusts @225
3x8 decline shoulder press @ 55lb dumbells

Thought I would share a little bit about my diet throughout the day since it has worked wonders for me.

Meal 1: 2 whole wheat cinnamon raisin toast, 3 hard boiled eggs, 2 cups of tea, 2 fish oil caps, 1 multi and 2 Mpower from Rivalus

Meal 2: Handful of almonds, bowl of raspberries and 1 scoop of whey

Meal 3: 1 can of chunk tuna (or sometimes chicken), 3oz of cheddar, 2 cups of water

Meal 4: BBQ Salmon with brown rice (sometimes replaced with steak or lean ground beef)

Meal 5: Vegetable snack, cucumber with balsamic vinaigrette dressing

Meal 6:3/4 cup cottage cheese with a handful of almonds and a scoop of whey

On workout days I eat pretty much the same but I have a post workout shake that is 30g protein and 75g maltodextrin.

Goodluck, I just had nuggets, fries, and a big cup of ice cream…

Well done Syrus, keep it up. I ate a similar diet back in my training days in 1999-2000 and it really helped. I even slept better!

You definitely sleep better with a better diet.

All in your head…

I recently had a cheat day and ate tons of garbage, it was amazing.

At first I couldnt wait until cheat day and go all out. Eventually I got used to the diet and when cheat days came around they would make me feel awful. So my cheat days became cheat meals. When I made that change my metabolism took a hit, so I switched back to full cheat days again and boosted my metabolism throughout the week.

I am in a caloric deficit to lose weight and initially, I had lower energy levels. My brain felt fuzy at times. So I had to adjust carb levels appropriately and eventually found a good spot. Strength is up, weight down, speed up so things are going well.

When I my goal weight, which is either low 180s or when I visually think I’m low enough, I’ll increase cals by about 300 to start and see how that goes.

Just remember lighter weight doesn’t always equal faster speeds, I know from experience.

Have you heard of fruits or vegies? I count 2. Sorry… 3 a day if you include the raisins in your toast.

Less bodyfat is always good.

I’m not a big eater of fruits and veggies. Dude, you shouldve seen my old diet. You wouldnt be worried about how much fruits and veg I’m getting now. I’m just glad they’re in there.

This is just a 1 day snapshot of what I’ve been eating for the past month. Things change around frequently.

How many calories per day are you trying to eat?

2500 on non training days and 2800 on training days roughly. I’ll probably maintain at about 2800-3000

Workout today:

6xflying 50m @ 90%, about a 20m fly+ maintain

3x5 vertical throws
3x4 box squats@ 315

Workout was easier on the volume, I was feeling pretty tired coming into the workout.

hills today:
2x2x100m, 1x2x70m, 1x70+1x110m
walkdown recovery between reps, 8-12mins recovery between sets

3x5 jerks
3x5 vertical throws 9kg
3x8 incline bench
3x5 decline shoulder press

Worked on my clean technique a little too. So far my weights are a little all over the place, thats partly on purpose to give some of my lifts a little rest. I guess by the full sense of it this is more of a base block, next one will be a strength block then back to speed.

looks like 15-20 calories

I’ve got the breakdown in an excel spreadsheet. Its 2500-2800. The almonds and cheese help to boost things considerably without the massive quantities of food.

Today:

hills
3x60m 3min/6min
3x50m
4x40m
1x100m

Plyo circuit
2x20 ankle hops
2x14 tuck jumps
2x10 low depth jumps
4x12 tuck forward
4x12 alternate leg bounding for height