My quest for 6.7

At national juniors, the wind was strong to the point where the fastest 100 time didn’t even break 11 seconds. Bit worse than -5m/s

Still no word on the results from that meet. The meet organizer must be busy with the real world juniors to bother. I’m sure they will surface sometime. The winds were decent today in the 100m heats though.

Did a smaller workout and lower CNS load today.

2x150m
15x 21lb kettlebell back throws (15.7m best)
5x5 good mornings @ 175lbs

Tomorrow evening I leave for Moncton to watch thursday and friday’s World junior action.

What are your ohb/blf pr’s??

My over head back throw bests are:

4kg/8.8lbs women’s shot: 20.8m/68.4 feet
7.26kg/16lb men’s shot: 17.8m/58.4 feet

And various distances with the different weights:

21lbs: 15.7m
8kg: 16.5m

Board or flat surface?

Off the shot put toe board, although the 8kg toss was done on flat.

How much distance you think you gain off the board?

Not more then 20cm; usually less. It depends on angle and speed of release, but that would be about the upper end.

Just got back yesterday from Moncton, watched 2 days of World juniors, some pretty good action.

I got back yesterday and went for a light workout. My legs were so tight from sitting in the car the whole ride back that the speed endurance was pretty bad so i cut it to 2 runs instead of 3.

2x120m

3x5 box squats @ 295
3x12 weighted hip thrusts @ 225

Can’t wait to unload, my body is falling apart. Still a little heavy, in the 199lb range. This indoor season I’m going to really clean up my diet and try to get down to 185-189 which i believe is my optimal race weight.

Last workout before my taper. Much needed taper. The bobsled week took a larger toll on my body than I had anticipated. The side effects didnt really show up until a few weeks later as tightness and fatigue. I wanted today to be more intense than normal to make up for the taper that will follow.

4x flying 20m

15 minute break

100m

15 minute break

120m

4x5 ohb throws with 21 and 16lbs

1x150m @ 17.5s

Found your results?? What’s up with the 17.5?

No results yet. The 17.5 is just to control the intensity during my taper. Doing things submaximal.

Today:

10x back throws
4x20m blocks

1x80m @ 9.7s

Been having a tough time relaxing during my sprints so I did a 120m, that was 30m full out, 90m no effort, completely relaxed, like the easy part of an FEF.

3x3 box squats @ 295

When does your season end?

I’ve got a meet on Aug. 3rd, going to run the 100m and 200m. Another meet on the 9th and then my last meet of the season on the 14th. I’ll run both the 100m and 200m at both. I think only the last meet has heats and finals for the 100m.

They’ll be pretty high quality meets. The middle one will be on the world junior track again. This time I’ll get some results though.

Check out the seed list for the meet I’m running on the 3rd. This is our big local meet.

Event: Men’s 100m
Pos Name Category Team Seed
1 Dix, Walter Senior UNA 9.98
2 Perry, Willie Senior TRIA 10.13
3 Leblanc, Michael Senior S.E. 10.17
4 Smith, Oluseyi Senior OTTL 10.31
5 Agyapong, Ashhad Senior UNAT 10.32
6 Barnett, Bryan Senior CAP 10.36
7 Adu-Bobie, Richard Senior OTTL 10.47
8 Bawol, Michael Senior HAC 10.79
9 Macadam, Gerry Senior ISLA 11.00
10 Bouchard, Jason Senior FLT 11.18
11 Higgins, Sean Senior UNA 11.44

Unfortunately its a 7 lane track and I’ll have to run the B section.

When’s your yearly break?

After the meet on the 14th, I’ll take some time off. Probably until the start of september then I’ll start up GPP again. I’ll take a full week off, then the following weeks will be active but no track stuff.

Sunday:

7xback throws with the shot

5x block starts

Feeling good for the meet

Meet was a little disappointing. I had a feeling that the month of bobsled training and testing took its toll on my SE fitness because going into my first meet I was quite adapted to these SE workouts and in decent 200m shape. When I got back from calgary I felt as though that was gone and didnt feel as good on the 120’s and 150’s.

100m:

11.10 (-2w)

Was feeling really good in the warm up. I was put in the B section and 2nd place next to me was 12.00s. So there wasnt any competition in that heat. The winds were brutal, swirling from -2 to +1 from one race to the next. For the 200m, there was a huge headwind on the curve that disappeared once you hit the straight because of the stands that blocked it.

200m:

23.00 (-0.2w)

The 200 is what shows me that I’ve lost that fitness that I had at the beginning of the year. If things were more ideal I would’nt have lost it during that month, but I guess that is the sacrifice I had to make.

2 more meets left in the season. All I’m going to do between now and then is maybe have an odd SE session to try and top myself up. We’ll see how things go.