My NBA Finals Blog

These are comments made on Lakers forums. By Lakers fans.

By LakersNation562

i didnt expect this statement coming from a coach of such caliber like the zen master. i know the officiating was bad but the lakers offense and defense was worse than the officiating. you see absolutely no ball movement from them. no one is creating a play for the other. we’re known for our offensive prowess because of our ability to share the basketball. EVERYONE settled for jumpers and then we complain about the huge disparity in fouls and free throw attempts? were not even playing aggressive basketball so we got dominated by the more athletic and just plain more aggressive team of the celtics.

Loki

I guess Phil had his eyes closed during ANY NUMBER of Laker postseason victories over the years when he’s coached

ryantheporchkid

As a Sun’s fan, Phil is right. However, the Lakers have been given games to them by refs this year and in years past, so I won’t feel too sorry for them.

aznboy2k2
[b]
Jazz vs Lakers Game 2.
Lakers shot 43 free throws.
Jazz shot 16.

I don’t remember Laker fans complaining then?

The Jazz vs Lakers series was the worst officiating I have ever seen[/b].

90% of the time when teams are up 2-0 in the finals, they end up winning the series. Now I am worried about games 3-4 in LA. I mean Gasol was 6/6 in the first half & the Lakers did score 41 points the 4th quarter. If Boston can win game 3 or 4 than the I cant see LA winning from there.

When Sam Cassell becomes a free agent on July 1 he wants to join Denver and play one more year and move into the coaching assistant position one-year later. PJ Brown will be 39 next year, Boston still have Posey and Powe who are still young. But they need find a back up point guard & big man to rebound next year.

As for Lakers scoring the 41 points in the 4th which leads Lakers fans to say “they are in the driver seat because they know they can come back from any deficit”, the Lakers set an NBA finals record by making 7 three pointers in the 4th quarter. This won’t happen again.

And Vlad’s 3-4 step travel after his steal to his dunk will be called next time! lol jk

I agree with Sharmer it’s just part of the game-you can’t let the officials decide the game for you.

I’m not gonna say that the refs are perfect. I wouldn’t want that job and mistakes will be made. But were the refs calling the game any better in the 4th? No. The Lakers just starting hitting shots finally. You live and die with jump shots and by not attacking the rim and mixing it up, the Lakers can’t expect to get calls.

I don’t like to assign certain moments as the cause of a win or a loss, but had Vlad just waited 1 more second and given the damn ball to Kobe when he popped up top instead of Vujacic, the story could be much different right now.

Exactly the Laker where down 24 points with 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter, Boston shot the ball 9/13 from 3 point lands, thats 65%. Before the Lakers can start bitching about the refs they should start playing some defensive.

Game three on the road for Boston. This is the biggest game of the series. If LA can win on their home court than they’re going to have the belief they can come back into the series.

Half time LA up by 6 points. Huge disparities between free throws. KG and PP 2/16. LA are giving up the jump shot to Rondo and clogging up the lane, which gives PP & KG the ball late in the shot clock. Second half adjustments should be interesting.

boston should be feeling really good rite now.

Great adjustment by Boston to play three guys, who can hit the three, now LA can’t clog the lane easily. Boston 15-4 run. Up by four. Jesus Shuttleworth is on fire.

bout damn time.

He hasn’t had the looks in early games… why the hell do Doc Rivers go back to Rondo in the start of the 4th quarter, I mean KG and PP can be always double teamed with Rondo in the game.

Subbing Eddie House for Rondo seems to be working. Van Gundy also suggested that Doc might try a lineup of Jesus, Posey, truth, kg, and perkins since Jesus can handle and shoot and posey is a good utility guy, has good length, etc. they can still cover the guards pretty well while still implementing the offense, which really should inside-out anyways. Making a pass into the post is pretty easy and is what they need.

Ray can also break down his man pretty well and dish to posey or truth for open 3’s if need be.

Vujacic just hit another 3 and lakers up 5…

Wow, I can’t believe the Celtics didn’t foul at the end before that Odom offensive foul. That was some Lebron James/Cavaliers type give- up-bullshit at the end.

Dont matter this is boston series to win, boston played like shit and almost won.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Boston lost by Six

Jesus 8/13 he needs at least 20 shots. They had this game. Bad coaching subs in the 4th quarter. I mean Jesus is red hot and gets 13 shots for the game. He didnt get the looks because Rondo was in the game………………………………….:mad: :mad: :mad:

radmonovic and odem got in early foul trouble and pau played like crap. aside from bryant and vucihekch(spelling bah) la didn’t really have alot going for them.

he’s too old and cant run off screens like he used to be able to, he’s not a 20 shot guy anymore.

pierce and kg combined for 8/35 FG and shot only 3 free throws.

KG hasn’t been shooting the ball too well in the series and he was gettin the ball late in the shot clock on alot of his touches tonight. Him and pierce need to get high post or low post touches more and be aggressive and go to the rim.

Posey, pierce, and ray ray all got 3 fouls in the first half. Not so good.

And I just thought I’d mention that Sam I Am has no conscience that old bastard!!! lol

That being said Kobe missed alot of free throws. Odom had basically 4 fouls in one half (his 4th was at like 11:47 in the 3rd quarter). Pau played like crap. Fisher was whatever.

Jesus needs more shots!

Maybe but he still hit 5/5 in the first half when House was playing the point. If KG is just going to be jump shoting from 17 foot I prefer Ray to be taken more shots from screens and from the dribble.

NO need to panic- Boston still got hold all the cards.

Jesus has sacrificed his shot taking all year so PP & KG can post up. But if the Lakers are going to be playing loose on Rondo than they can press KG and PP much more. Two options Rondo needs to hit open shots or play House/Cassell or Jesus at the point so KG and PP don’t automatically get doubled.