My journey to soccer

For better or for worse, I have taken solace in striving for the optimization of all preemptive strategizing coupled with the establishment infallible communication. When dealing with athletes in person the monitoring aspect is added. As a consultant, video review is after the fact thus even more accountability is required of the athletes in real time.

In Vancouver 2004, Val Nasedkin mentioned that Charlie was an example of someone who didn’t require an Omegawave because of what Charlie saw, heard, and felt with his hands. This was very influential for me to hear and encouraged me to strive for the same type of competence. As a result, I’ve never made use of medical diagnostic technology and so far so good.

Just read your blog post, Angela. Really eye opening stuff. Every single thing. I was doing drills mainly to warm up. It makes a lot of sense to for me to do drills and things which ingrain in me dorsiflexion and negative foot speed. Nobody ever told me that was a key ingridient to speed and I never noticed that either. Doing drills and making sprinting technique natural for me is what I really need and then afterwards speedwork. I’ll be doing that from now on. Focus on technique warming up and then doing the speed work. Took a big note on less is more.
The ems tool i had never heard of. Maybe it just not popular here. Crazy how teams here are not really using this technology and some of them are rich. I’ll be getting the ebook and then from what i learn from it i’ll be buying an ems tool once i finish my exams next week.
This week and next I probably won’t be doing any weights since i’m a bit behind on studies. Might get in a few sprinting sessions and practice. After that it’ll be nice to try all this things out. Really anxious to get this week out of my way.

It’s not that tools like Omegawave can’t be amazing but who has resources like that at first?
Things might have evolved differently for Charlie depending on what happened post 1988 but his passion ruled his method because most people would not ever have done some of the things he did to facilitate progress.

Remember, Charlie’s father was a serious artist and Charlie had an amazing eye for detail and proportion and it loved the esthetics of something looking right. He was driven towards doing things right for the sake of right and for the sake of what if. He was prepared to be wrong, happy to be right and fought his life time to make sure people understood somethings he knew for sure.

Good luck with your exams and let us know how it went.

Got my first exam out of the day. Got a B so that’s good.Thanks for asking :).
Did some plyo at home since i have to study for Friday. I think my rate of force development is bad.
Did 5 sets, 3 reps of depth jumps from 40cm distance and also 3 sets of 3 broad jumps. Wanted to do something explosive which wasn’t too time consuming. My explosive qualities are bad though. My vertical jump is only about 60cm and my standing broad jump is only 2.40 meters. I think it’s a combination of never pushing explosively the ground before and being over weight. It’ll probably increase as I keep training.
I’m also down in weight now to 77,7 kilos.

Congrats on the B or should you have done better or are you pissed or happy with the B? It’s better than a C?

Why not do all over body exercises next time and refrain from intense jumps? I do not love the idea of all that studying and sitting and not training and then squeezing in plyos.

Would love to hear from anyone to share different?

Here is what i know for sure.

Exams or time off or interruption or change of training is fine but re entry must be managed. Gentle management seems more reasonable than trying to squeeze or push or force training. Think gentle, progressive and think also that plyos should really come after a warm up and once you are warm because it’s fairly intense right? Even if and when you can perform plyos does not mean you should?

IF you are looking for something intense there won’t be any down side to pushups. Or med ball drills you can mix with other sit ups and things like that that will not compete energy wise with your exams studies.

Explosive that is not too time consuming.

Exams, studies, emotional stress and the like compete with CNS training.

This means your CNS is already taxed and most often to the max but differently.

If your CNS is maxed would I have you do depth jumps or more training?

NEVER.

What would I do?

Contrast Baths.

Epson salt baths

Massage or self massage ( no jokes please)

Depletion push ups

Medicine ball circuit as it won’t cut into CNS demand but you get fitness and thereof readiness for when you resume training

Just a few ideas

Maybe some of the others can add?

I should get an A but calculus is not easy to me. So studying is taxing on the cns… might explain why i have been feeling pretty ‘depressed’ and got constipated. Regarding the emotional stress I was getting a stomachache before the exam. Felt like throwing up until after i took the exam.
I like the idea of depletion push ups and sit ups and maybe pull ups followed by contrast baths. Think it could take me a total of 40-50 minutes. By the way, i jumped rope before the plyos to warm up.

I remember having a really bad stomachache when I was taking SAT, aka the worst exam of my life, due to irritable bowel syndrome. If you can, it’s best to sleep well, eat well, and take care of your health, so that you’re feeling the best you can when you take the exam. Just as same as going to compete in a track meet or soccer game. B in a calculus, at least you’re better than me lol…Good luck with the rest of your exam.

I had it prior to the exam. When i began taking it, it went right away. Thanks by the way. Hopefully i’ll get a better grade for next one.