MMA - Uncensored

I finally saw the highlights, Mark Coleman really took a beating! Will anyone beat Fedor? I’d still like to see him fight Sylvia.

TUF 4 has been a bit of a disappointment, I haven’t been as into it as TUF 3. Looking forward to Hughes vs. GSP though!

A weak event though really. Few close matches on paper, and those didn’t pan out. Randleman looked ready to rumble but got caught in an ankle lock, didn’t get free and submitted from a knee bar right away. The others went as expected, with Barnett once again taking too long to get rid of a guy he should dispatch quickly.

But Final Conflict was the best MMA show I’ve seen: Crocop/Vanderlei Silva, Barnett/Noguiera, too many good ones to list.

Interesting TUF 4 final last night. Travis Lutter took out Patrick Cote in the final. Poor Patrick, can this guy just get a break? He runs into the one guy in the house he can’t beat, a Jiu-Jitsu master and one of the best in the world to boot. Lutter made his oppenents look like amateurs, I guess in terms of jiu-jitsu, they were, compared to him. His takedowns in the Pete Sell match looked ridiculously easy and the Patrick cote fight was no different. I hope Anderson Silva’s takedown defense is as good as Chuck Liddell’s or he doesn’t have a prayer.

Speaking of takedown defense, what about Chris Lyttle’s? He really stuffed most of Matt Serra’s attempts. It’s a shame someone had to lose that fight. I can’t say either guy actually “won” that fight. I guess a draw would not have been possible with so much on the line.

GSP vs. Matt Hughes coming soon!

It could have, and IMO should have, gone to a 4th round. I don’t know why Lyttle was so non-agressive in the last round. He seemed like he had the ability to step it up but didn’t. These guys have to know better than to leave it to the judges, especially Nevada boxing judges who don’t know MMA.

At this point I’d like to see GSP beat MH. The ego and hype have gotten to be a bit much for my taste.

Georges St. Pierre did it! He beat Matt Hughes via TKO in round 2. Awesome. I think this is it for Hughes, he was already hinting at retirement. I guess Diego Sanchez is now the number 1 contender. I think Sanchez will have trouble with GSP. He fought a bloody 3-rounder against Karo Parysian, coming out with the clear decision but GSP handles Karo pretty easily a couple of years ago.

Tim Sylvia defeats Jeff Monson via decision (yawn). I would still like to see Sylvia fight a real heavyweight kickboxer.

Now that GSP vs. Hughes is over, I can focus my anticipation on Ortiz vs. Liddell II.

Titooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I would like to see Liddell get knocked out.

Go Liddell!!! Tito’s a great fighter but I just think Chuck is takin this one.

Tito looks hungry and he knows he has to take this fight to the ground this time. Unfortunately, Chuck knows that too. I like both fighters but I think Chuck might have the mental edge.

How about Shockwave? Barnett/Nog, plus Hunt v. Fedor for the title. Can’t wait to see that.

How about Tito go stand up with Chuck again :confused: ugh

What was Tito thinking? How’s he gonna stand up with Chuck?

I was asking myself the same thing last night. What is Tito doing? Why trade strikes with Chuck? He tried a couple of take downs and got stuffed but he should have kept at it, as well as the low leg kicks, those were actually scoring points for him. I always thought that sometime, somewhere, somebody is going to score a big takedown on Chuck and ground and pound him. I thought Tito would be the one to do it but I guess we will have to wait and see. Chuck might have to retire as champion, a rare thing in MMA.

Overall though, that was the best pay-per-view in a long time. Six fights and all of them were entertaining. How about Forrest Griffin getting pounded on? You could tell early on that Jardine was the better striker but I never expected him to lay a beatdown on Griffin like that! Is it too early to start thinking about a Liddell vs. Jardine match?

How about Thiago Alves? His counter punch is deadly. That is the second fight now where Alves has been backed up to the cage only to let loose with a strike that floors his oppenent. Desouza didn’t even see it coming.

The Andrei Arlovski match was one of the weirdest fights I have ever seen. I know you can’t kick a guy in the head or face when he is on the ground but you can kick up from the ground at a standing opponent. I did not know you can’t kick each other when you are both on the ground? Cruz looked like he had Arlovski in some kind of leg/ankle lock until Arlovski kicked him in the face, prompting a stoppage from the referee. The ref seemed to start the action again (I didn’t see or hear the signal?) and Arlovski proceeded to smack Cruz in the face! Did Cruz know what was going on? It looked like Arlovski sucker punched him. Arlovski then goes on to pound out a victory. Strange!

But the best fight of the night in my opinion was the Macdonald/Leben match. Macdonald slaps on the choke hold and Leben is so out of it he can’t even tap out. His arm was just flopping like a dead fish! Awesome! Does anyone else think Team Quest needs to work on their submissions and submission defense? First Ed Herman almost gets choked out by Kendall Grove, then he gets choked out by Jason Macdonald, then Leben gets choked out by the same guy! It’s like Frank Trigg all over again.

Also, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson has been signed by the UFC, yes, the same guy who holds a victory over Chuck Liddell. For those who missed this pay-per-view, you missed a good one, (which makes me think the next one will probably suck).

Oh and by the way, CRO-CROP, CRO-CROP, CRO-CROP!! Look out Sylvia.

Cro cop is going to eat Sylvia for breakfast.

Why throw Mirko an easy opponent first time? Just to showcase his abilities? I want to see him take the title ASAP.

The latest UFC pay per view was pretty good some boring moments but a decent line of up fights. Rampage eventually pounded out the win over Marvin Eastman and admitted he was nervous. Surprisingly, Silva submitted Travis Lutter with a triangle choke! Travis looked out of it mentally though, still disappointed about not making the weight cut. Who’s left for Anderson Silva in this division?

Cro Cop got the easy TKO over Eddie Sanchez, he was just all business. Yet, he did get tagged a couple of times, I don’t think he is going to walk over Tim Sylvia, if he just walks forward like that he is going to eat some long jabs and kicks. Maybe Sylvia will have to take him to the ground. Speaking of Sylvia, who thinks he will take out Randy Couture? I do.

In other news, Frank Shamrock takes on Renzo Gracie. Frank already knocked out cousin Cesar Gracie in the fall, will this contest be any different? After this, Frank takes on Phil Baroni in a grudge match, can’t wait for that one. Will Frank Shamrock ever come back to the UFC, Dana White keeps saying he wants the best fighters and Frank retired as champion. Who would he fight? Shamrock says he always fights at about 192, so he would either have to move up to light-heavyweight or down to middleweight. I would love to see him fight Anderson Sylva.

And now for your viewing pleasure I present, Kzushi Sakuraba, the Gracie Killer, the real Japanese buzzsaw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa7OuJ8ZJGE

Did you see the wikipedia about sakuraba dying in a car accident? I can’t find anything else on it, can you? What a horrible day for MMA if it’s true.

I just checked the article, and it has been revised with the date of death removed. There is now no mention of his death, but if you click on the HISTORY tab, which is a history of edits to the article, you can see that it was attributed to “vandalism”,…i.e., he’s not really dead.

Thank goodness.