MLF "Lost touch with speed"

He didn’t quite fail it in terms of it comming off the table to 45 degrees or anything silly but it wasn’t good. The physio was spending 15 minutes loosening him off before he ran his first heat from what I remember.

I’m not a physio far from it but i guess you have to distinguish where the tightness is coming from - neural, adhesions etc. You can work most of this out from the end feel of the tissue once you get fairly good - but you’ll need a phsyio to show u how to do it. If you have issues with scar tissue etc then stretching isn’t going to help that much until they are released.

For hip flexors i quite like the one that basically starts in the Thomas test position (one leg pulled up to chest and the other off the edge of the bed). From this position you can also do nerve stretching. I also use a IT stretch from this position bringing the bent leg to 90 degrees or so. Umm they are hard to explain but they are easy to do - especially if you use PNF. Perhaps a search on google will bring up some pictures?