Misnamed Sprinter's Training Log

I’m not completely selling out for anything indoor. I’m thrilled about how I’ve been able to do indoor but my best running has always been outdoor and I still have competitions into late May. Traditional tapering has never worked well for me, I seem to always run my fastest when I’m lifting “heavy” coming out of an unload. However, these squats are easy for me and the intensity this week was the lowest it’s been. Overall volume is also the lowest it’s been.

Here’s the national list: http://www.tfrrs.org/lists/609.html

Decent weekend:
Day 1:
55 prelim: 6.50
200 prelim: 22.54 faster than I wanted to go… next seed in my heat was 23.13 so when the guy was right with me I figured I was doggin it a little too much… but he ended up 22.70

Got an ice bath and contrast shower and felt really good going to bed and slept decent. I was feeling it in the morning tho.

Day 2:
4x2: felt good for the pop off leg but the 3rd exchange was botched…
55: 6.46 was feeling really good for this but stumbled during early accel… got the 10 points for the team tho…
200: 22.41 PR by .03… didn’t know what I had left in me at this point… had lane 4 and got up on the competition quick… definitely had my ugly face on during the home stretch

Did what I needed to do for the team. Soooooo ready to get off of these indoor curves and onto the big boy track. Also ready to get some good recovery in before doin my final prep for nationals in 2 weekends.