Millrose Makes a Plea for Attention

To attract some interest, organizers of the Millrose Games plan to have current and former N.F.L. players run in a 60-yard dash.

More…

not a new idea- they had an NFL 60 in 1987 except not with old-timers- and it was very close in time to the 60m open as I remember.
BTW, Gault was on the WR, Gold Medal relay at the WCs in 1983.

It would be nice to see some of the younger guys compete, like adrian perterson, etc. Tyree just retired this past year, but he’s not taht old I dont think only in his 20’s. It will draw the attention they want.

Remember the Times Charlie?
I think it’s a good idea…maybe better to have some current player also…off course, they all have track backgorunds…

Wouldn’t make sense, NFL playoffs and the NFL reg season ended about 2 weeks ago…

It was late Feb before the WCs and I’m pretty sure the NFL winning time was 6.09 for 60 yards and the open time was 6.04 for the same distance.

The times sound similar to the results in the NFL’s Fastest Man Competitions of the 90’s. I think Herschel Walker actually held the 60 yard WR for a few minutes at the 1981 or 1982 Millrose Games until Carl Lewis broke it in the next heat.

was it Curtis Dickey maybe??

Who won?..I think the only superfast current NFL player without a track background ( at elast as far as I know)…iis Deseun Jackson…

I just looked it up, it was a meet in Dallas in 1982 and Herschel ran 6.15. The article said it was a world record until Carl Lewis beat it in the next heat. I remember hearing that Herschel also ran a 10.22w around the same time. Pretty impressive when you consider how big the man is.