Michael Thomas

I wouldn’t call it fake strength but the handle position (when the bar is flipped on the high side) allows the lifter to contort their body to significantly reduce range of motion, turning it into a quarter squat with a rounded upper back.

I think if you focus on form, it can be a decent lift but you need to be careful when progressing week-to-week that your form is consistent. It’s easy to add 50 lbs in a month when in fact you’re no stronger, you’re just performing the lift with different form (more efficiently).

If sprint volume is decently high (800m or so a week) especially if doing hills or sleds, I have no problem keeping strength.

I also like just doing some lunges or split squat as the lower lift when sprinting a lot.

Might be a while before I try a normal dead again with my injury. Less chance of injury with the trap I figured.

I told you what to do with your injuries - Db rev lunges, 45hypers, leg press, db split squats, pull throughs for your lower body lifts. I would even consider starting off with long duration iso split squats.

Been doing the pull-throughs and leg press in addition to a bunch of other glutes and the big 3. Also doing bul split squats. just now starting to feel good with those. Ill add the lunges soon. Last time I tried to lunge in late july it was a no go