McFadden benefitting from Johnson's tutelage

Maybe ESU didn’t update their site. I don’t know. When I was at VCU they had like four guys run 10.6 at the conference championships and they were slapping each other high fives when they crossed the line.

I agree with you though that 100m times do not always equal fast 40 times.

NCAA Division I 2005 Outdoor
Track & Field Championship
Sacramento, CA - 6/8/2005 to 6/11/2005
Last Completed Event

Event 1 Men 100 Meter Dash

3 Heats. Advance top 4 from each heat plus next best 6 to semi.
Advance top 4 from each semi plus next best time to final.
American: 9.78 9/14/2002 Tim Montgomery, Nike
College Best: 9.90 7/27/1996 Ato Boldon, UCLA
NCAA Meet: 9.92 7/27/1996 Ato Bolden, UCLA
Hornet Stad: 9.91 7/11/2004 Maurice Green, Nike
Name Year School Finals Wind Points

Finals
1 Walter Dix FR Florida State 10.21 -0.4 10
2 Wes Felix SR Southern California 10.25 -0.4 8
3 Demi Omole SO Wisconsin 10.28 -0.4 6
4 Dabryan Blanton JR Oklahoma 10.31 -0.4 5
5 Ron Richards SR Clemson 10.38 -0.4 4
6 Chris Johnson SR Arkansas-LR 10.39 -0.4 3
7 Rodney Martin SR South Carolina 10.42 -0.4 2
8 Kyle Farmer SR Florida 10.45 -0.4 1
9 Leroy Dixon JR South Carolina 10.48 -0.4

what is this for?? chris johnson went to ecu not arkanasas.

Yikes. I thought he was an All-American in track too. Oops.

Wrong sprinter.

I can’t find any times for him but he is listed at 10.38 by the NFL. I read something that said he ran 10.6 in hs. And my friend said he ran 10.3 in hs. I don’t know. Does it really matter. He’s fast either way.

google said 10.5, 21.3, 41.1 4x1. so no he didn’t run 10.3 in high school, no he wasn’t a NCAA all American, and no his team didn’t run the #1 4x1. it came from an incomplete list though.

So both lists are wrong and yours is right in other words. BTW he was an NCAA All-American in football. Im going to call ECU and ask. LOL. This is starting to piss me off.

plz dont call them and make an ass out of yourself.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/022808dnspocombine.3391566.html

Check out the video. Sled dragging, vertimax, resisted runs, bands, etc.

it dont play for me.

you have a clue which group of guys plex worked with this yr.

The emerging theme that I see is that either there is a lot of copycat work going on or most people have decided on similar tools to improve speed and jumping. It seems like every video I see has a vertimax, sled runs, sled drags and other similar tools. I would argue then that the most important factor when deciding on a place to train would be the recovery and regeneration tools that are available to you.

Taking this even a step further, I am shocked that agents haven’t sent their athletes to guys like Charlie or Dan Pfaff. I have to believe that their expertise on the subject FAR outweighs anyone else, even those who follow their methods. Yesterday I read about Bill Romanowski’s work with Pfaff, who he declares to be the best speed coach on the planet after working with trainers such as Remi and Randy Huntington. While I would say that Pfaff is probably the 2nd best around, it was amazing to see Pfaff’s expertise in action. As previously mentioned, he got Romo down to a 4.45 at 37 years old! Perhaps the reason is that these combine centers are a one stop shop for athletes, combining recovery, diet and training. If Charlie or Dan ever became involved in such a setup, I would love to see the times that would be posted.

Not saying you’re right or wrong here because I have little knowledge about who is doing what with their FB guys in preparation for the combine but I think that there is a lot more to it than purely the exercises/drills used. As we all know, the volume, density, execution, coaching cues, intensity, etc. can make all the difference in the world.

Definitely share your confusion about why people don’t seek out Charlie, Pfaff and other top tier track guys for combine prep.

Because it costs money. A lot of guys train themselves. A lot of guys do not have agents. Do you guys understand the whole system?

I certainly don’t understand the whole system and have very little knowledge of who goes where and how they wind up with different combine prep groups. However, my question is why people who do pay (quite a bit from what I’ve read) to attend combine prep groups don’t spend that money to be trained by Charlie or Pfaff or someone like that who would (if I were to guess) likely produce superior results.

Because an agent develops a loyalty to a certain center and reserves those spots for their athletes. Additionally, as previously mentioned, these centers offer not only training but meal services, recovery means, soft tissue work, Wonderlic prep, interview coaching etc. They are a one stop shop geared for the combine. Another factor may be the recent idea that while track coaches obviously have an expertise in speed development, this expertise may not carry over to football speed. This trend tends to downplay the ability of the track coach and his ability to get one fast in the 40 and change of direction drills, it is as if the track coach is powerless with any distance less than 100m. I would argue that because such a premium is placed on the 40 yard dash (literally millions of dollars at times), it would behoove you to train with coaches who make a living from training the fastest men on the planet. Like I said I would love to see Charlie or Dan get their hands on some of the top prospects and work their magic.