Matt Shirvington Sprinting

YUes and no! In 1984, Marion Woronen of Poland ran under when first credited with 9.99. A review of the film for European Record ratification showed that the actual time was 9.991. Unfortunately, the rules on electronic timing state that anything overthe hundredth is rounded up to the next higher number- or 10.00! That’s as close as it can get- and we’ve yet to see a Caucasian go any faster in 20 years!

Glandular Fever … hmmmm …

Wonder where that came from - hardly the training volumes?

Patrick Johnson is half Irish I’ll claim him as Caucasian.

Consistancy seem to be the problem with most white sprinters.
There are several white sprinters with pr’s below 10.10, but none of them have run below 10.20 with any consistancy and, apart from Shirvington, not many of them have run below 10.10 more than once.

So who is the best caucasian sprinter in the world right now? Macrozonaris?

I found this article on Shirvington from 2000. It’s amazing how in 4 years he’s dropped right off the sprinting map. I’d forgotten that he as only 19 when he ran 10.03 - but even in that race he finished fourth.

http://www.jonentine.com/reviews/time.htm

I’d say so,

How good though will be decided in the next few weeks

He ran 10.24 on Friday. Says he’s pain-free right now.

Oh Please! PJ is MIXED race…neither black or white…he can’t be ‘claimed’.

Why not! We want him. Everyone claims Tiger.

Let us slow whiteboys have our hero.

Nations are always claiming somebody …

He’s one of ours

:smiley: :smiley:

Now its ‘White boys can’t Run’

:smiley:

LOL! Ok…in that case you can have him…! :smiley:

We are willing to give you guys Tiger and Patrick Johnson, but you have to take Michael Jackson as part of the deal. :smiley:

We get Michael Jackson and you get Prince?

No Deal

Maybe we can throw in Vanilla Ice too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure you didn’t mean Michael Johnson? Ah, well, why not we’ll take him too!

Speaking of white sprinters - does anyone know if Morne Nagel of South Africa qualified for the Olympics? I remember he was huge about 2 years ago, but I’ve barely heard about him since…

Anyone care to estimate what the 10.03 into a 0.3 m/s headwind would have been with a 2 m/s tailwind and a min legal reaction time, for a 19 year old ?

Yeah we can, I’m white and I gaurentee you that in 10 years time I’ll be the greatest 100m runner ever… well a boy can dream can’t he? :rolleyes:

Looking at Patrick Johnson one might think he is a “brown” (mixed) man.
But he is half Irish, half Australian Aboriginee. It’s very interesting that genetically Europeans and Africans show more “similarities” than Aboriginees compared with Europeans and Africans!

Somehow the “race-talk” is absurd, anyhow. Especially when you look at the people of “African” descent in the “New World”. Take the Carribean for example - every Carribean family I know has one or more Spanish, English, Irish, German, Syrian, Lebanese, Portugese Jewish, East Indian, West Indian, Chinese ancestors…

Might be similar in the US, or why Mo is so much paler than most of the other Sprinters? (Don’t get me wrong, not claiming anybody).

Oh yeh - sorry - Mo’s part Irish too

Don’t you know Muhammed Ali is Irish too?

Those Other Irish Americans …
:smiley: :smiley:

The Heavyweight Champion form Co. Clare, Ireland???

The Legend