Master's Degree Final Project

If there’s any interest, you can download a copy of my Master’s Final Project here:
http://fdudevils.com/documents/2010/3/31/finalproject7.9.pdf?id=171

What’s it about? It’s titled “Assessing a Strength Training Model for Special Posterior Chain Exercises in College Athletics”

I hope someone can find something useful in it. It took me quite some time to write it! (41 page .pdf file)

good stuff. I’m Looking forward to having a look. Thanks for sharing.

Hi there,

Thanks so much for posting the link to your project. I have terrible posterior chain development, so it’s really a perfect read for me.

Thanks again!

T

good work, gave it a read.

I’m a little confused about one thing though, the prevalence of “leg curl for sport performance” in today’s college s&c environment. I would think it’s way less prevalent now. Most college s&c coaches are preaching rdl & ghr, as well as reverse hyper if they have one. The p-chain movement has been huge and grew enormously. Seems to me like you might be blowing out of proportion a bit.

Do you have any stats that would make you think most s&c programs are utilizing leg curl as the primary ham-strengthening tool?

regardless, nice work.

peace

Thanks for the kind words.

I realize that many college S&C programs do use movements other than the leg curl, but I have no stats to back that up - only reading what I can about other programs.
The angle I was really trying to go for here was the rehab/A.T.C. testing that is done on the hamstring. It is my opinion that many are barking up the wrong tree…
For my PhD., I’ll try to get some stats regarding the use of posterior chain exercises in all of college S&C programs:)

devils, great of you to share your work for the benefit of everyone on this forum.

I have printed out all 40 pages to read later and, even on a brief scanning, I know several coaches who need to know what you’ve pulled together and will learn from it. Thanks. kk

Hi devils, thanks again. It was an informative overview of posterior chain strength development in gym training. It was easy to read and with plenty of sound advice which every athlete should read.

A couple of typos, or perhaps I’ve got it wrong: on page 10, " for example, all lifts performed at 70% above a one repetition max is one way of quantifying volume."

that not be much volume. Maybe it should read "all lifts performed at/or above 70% of one repetition max " etc.?

And on page 17: "it is important that the athlete not attempt to do this exercise with proper foot placement, " etc. You must surely mean “without” proper foot placement…

I enjoyed reading you work and hope you get your doctorate. Kk

KK

Oops. Luckily, my mentor didn’t catch those mistakes. It’s a good thing you weren’t grading the paper…:smiley:

devils, seriously though. It is a really good document. Could you make the corrections and keep it on the same link? I know a few coaches who would really benefit from reading what you have compiled… kk

Kk

I made the changes, but our system makes it impossible to use the same link. Here’s the new URL.

http://fdudevils.com/documents/2010/4/7/10.pdf?id=172

Good job devils. Thanks for the new link