mark lewis francis world lead 6.59

ah the meet officals announced over the microphone it was the world lead time. they are mistaken it seems!

who was the 6.58 ran by?

Ryan Shields ran 6.58 yesterday in his 4th race in 2 days. Ran it @ Indiana Relays in Bloomington, Indiana. The results just haven’t been updated via the IAAF yet as they usually just do it over the weekends.

I had 4 races in two days this week but damn he made my time look dirt slow.

Ryan Shields

Yeah, he also ran a 6.73 ~45minutes after he woke-up ;).

Friday: 6.85 60m, 21.25 200m (from an inside lane)
Saturday: 6.73, 6.58

Did you run?

Poorly :). I’m resting up and will be back soon enough.

How many more indoor meets you have? Is poor 6.43??

that’s a damn good run by him as he wouldnt have been anywhere near that during the last summer, maybe he has lost some excess mass as he was carrying too much to go fast imo.

1-2 more meets, max. Having my first week of rest since December. I ran the 60m in the same meet as Ryan. I had a decent prelim, shutting down early. Then ran in the semis and ran way slower than when I shut it down early…

Great for MLF…he hadn-t had funding renewed from uka, I think…so…he woke up! …and had his achilles healed…

1-2 more meets then prep work for outdoors? This is when the season gets fun final four weeks, people start to drop crazy times.

football28 how did u do at your meet?

Or maybe he is not doing mileadge on the road in training anymore, which is what messed up his achilles and most of his senior career in the first place.

yeh he looked pretty good, his first half wasnt anything spectacular but his second half he just pulled away from everyone ! erm when i saw him he still looked pretty beefy to me lol

Yep…looked good…still beefy…lol The winter with Linford is working. From what I’ve seen with MLF he’s got a little free reign. He doesnt get beasted in training. If he needs a little more recovery then he’s allowed to take it. Happy for him…he’s has a very rough few years with injury.

Is he using a classical linford template?With weights 3 times a week and no real speed except for starts? ( in the winter part, if I remember correctly)Any more infos^
^?

Linford’s winter training has a lot of plyometric work in it, although with MLF’s achilles issues they may be using other alternatives.

He’s been doing the plyo’s fine. Lots of hurdle hops at the highest height x 10. They looked very good. From what I recall speed work has been in place from November time…varied from tire pulling to 60’s from blocks to 120m runs. Hope that helps.

So…it evolved a bit during the last few years?I remembered something different,…thank you!!