Justin Gatlin 10.34 -1.7m/s

that’s fire

His Twitter claims he jogged it. We shall see in the final!

He is likely going to run 9.90’s. Anything faster would be icing on the cake.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/athletics/8880747.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/athletics/8485208.stm

Here’s his twitter comment:

Ran 1st round. easy. Ran first half. Feels good to get my feet wet!!!

He won the final in 10.24 -0.6m/s.
http://www.kuldliiga.ee/index.php?id=download&table=sys_attachments&recid=1555

That is barely faster than his semi-final time when you look at wind, but that is pretty good. Look at what Asafa was running at the start of 2009.

I was close! Wind was slightly negative. Good for him, hopefully there is some video later on.

There was online streaming of the meet, so I imagine it will turn up. I didn’t feel like installing M$ Silverlight, so I didn’t watch it :).

Awww crap! Who was streaming it? I wish I asked.

http://otse.err.ee/otse/etv

Wow, I figured he would go a little faster. I am sure he is happy to just run competitively again.

Wow… Not bad for his first race… He is going to be under the microscope… for the rest of his career…

Weak considering less wind and he jogged or “only ran half” of the prelims.

You think? He’s not going to be 9.77 ever again but 4 years out and comes back and runs 10.24… It’s respectable time…

I doubt he jogged 10.34 he’s not at that point right now and I doubt he ever will be able to “jog” 10.34 anytime soone. I’d be SHOCKED if he can get below 10 this season.

Well Drob trains “for fun” and ran about that time.

Well, Jmee got second in 10"31…has a SB of 10"19…so, after some races, he could hit 10 flat probably…not so bad…

//youtu.be/vde9mPkoHFo

Gatlin was all over his lane. Samuels gave him a good run, Justin certainly didn’t jog the final!

Not the Gatlin I know…Looked flat. Didnt have that pop off the track he used to have.

The Irish Times - Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Gatlin returns to win after four-year drug ban

US sprinter Justin Gatlin who comfortably won his 100 metres heat earlier in the day, finished with a time of 10.24 seconds to win the final at last night’s Kuldliiga meet in Estonia.

That was an improvement of 0.10 seconds on the 28-year-old’s time in his heat, but some way off his personal best of 9.85. Compatriots J-Mee Samuels and Rubin Williams were 0.07 and 0.30secs further back respectively.

Gatlin, the 2004 Olympic 100 metres champion, was running at the KuldLiiga meeting in Rakvere, Estonia, as he started his comeback aiming for the Olympic Games in London in 2012.

He bettered his heat time of 10.34 seconds but ran far from his personal best of 9.85 in winning the final ahead of fellow American J-Mee Samuels who finished in 10.31.

“I came off the blocks and stumbled a little bit and my first 20 (metres) was not on point like it was in the prelims, but I think I kept my composure towards the end of the race and I finished well,” Gatlin said.

“I got a lot of the butterflies out and I am ready to go and run and compete.”

His coach Loren Seagrove said: “He was behind by one meter at the 40, and that is not typical, but in the last 40 meters he was quite strong.”

Gatlin had not run a competitive race since June 2006 after being banned because of a positive test for the male sex hormone testosterone and its precursors.

He said he was a little disappointed with his time before adding:

“It feels good to just get my feet wet and to come back and that is what my coach wanted.”

The 28-year-old regained his eligibility to compete in July but was expected to have difficulty finding races even after the ban ended because of a Euro Meetings recommendation not to invite athletes who bring dispute to the sport.

However, the organisers of the Estonian meetings, which are not members of the Euro group, welcomed Gatlins participation.

“Now we are going to work on getting the strength and hopefully (at the next meet in Tallinn) on August 8th we are going to lower that time as well,” said Gatlin.

After finally spending four years in exile, Gatlin declined to reveal what he plans next.

“Right now I am just going to focus on Tallinn and then worry about what is after that,” he said.