Jeter third all-time 10.67

Totally agree.

Its not what he did alone, but what he did that is different.

Any split data reported from that race?

having been there for the first 4 weeks of “Jets” arrival at hsi and speaking with her the training is light years from what she did before…

A - she learnt how to lift in the gym…she had no idea for a girl that could run 10.83 i was amazed how poor in the gym she was… (i predicted in another thread “about their training” that she would have a huge year)

B - she got super fit , theres no doubting she has always been a great fighter in races, the amount of sessions she was hurting and could not cope with in the first 4 weeks would be hard to count…

Johns sprinters have always been fit and as for his program being back i wasnt really sure it left did it? things just move in cycles

couldnt be happier for Jet right now :smiley:

As always…all the details you can remember, from warm up procedures, techinical cues…times and distances of those 4 weeks, will be greatly welcomed:)

Welcome back Nanny.

Guys like John Smith run programs that are forever. It’s his job and his career. So they don’t rebuild so much as re-load. Bang, bang!!
:cool:

hey KK

yeah sorry been busy with soccer etc

have emailed john a few times since that run and in his dry way (as you know) he is very happy… funny thing we spoke about the program and people will say oh look john is back again

from day 1 at the beach in Venice and the hills kenneth hahn park in LA man that girl has worked hard this year.

let me go back and find all my notes from the 100m and 400m programs will post some of it ASAP.

Nanny, who is the girl in your picture?!

r u serious?

Take it easy, its his wife bro…

Miki Barber…

damn good sort and a great girl to go with it

Are you her hubby or bro Tiki Barber?

Yes. Welcome back. I haven’t heard from you in a while. Hope all is well.

Change thread name in 10"64…

hey Mate sorry for being awol had alot of shit going on, will email you during the week and catch up…

re the training notes i have found them and will start to post some info in the next few days…

Thanks for the insight. Two questions-

1. Were these sessions of a general fitness or intensive tempo/special endurance nature?

2. Do you believe that this fitness directly improved her performance or allowed for better training?

Lastly, a question for everyone in general, what does this say about the role of general fitness for the all athletes, even those who have achieved an elite level? Are most people lacking in general fitness, or is this too much of an individual issue? Just as an observation from many of the journals on this site, many seem to overlook general fitness in preference to the more specific work. While specific work is obviously the critical consideration, is this a mistake for many?

Thanks.

General fitness should already be present at the top, but if you find a talent who is already fast and this is missing, you know you’ll get results by fixing that issue first.

one thing john said was he felt alot of female sprinters while being fast were not as fit as they should be… which is clear in australian females…

been listening to my audio files from when i was there
johns quotes
“when you look at charlies former athletes they were always super fit” and this “i like charlie he is one of the very few that really know how to coach” i wont go into the ones he said couldnt lol…

from the start when they do the 5,4,3 session or 3 x 3 x 200 with a jog across the girls run at 19 sec per 100.

Thanks. Thanks Charlie as well.

Interesting times for the ext tempo work, similar to my ext tempo work in gpp.