It's still all about me

mine was about 6 weeks ago. Monday was wife Cā€™s birthday and Tuesday was son Lā€™s 19th :eek:ā€¦canā€™t believe he is 19ā€¦

Auto Reg rating

Conditioning
3 x 3 x 300 with 100 / 300 rec

abs
10 x 30 sec on / 30 off various exercises

stretch

Rating

Auto Reg rating

Track
2 x 10 from pushup walkback rec
2 x 20 from pushup 2 min rec
2 x 30 from pushup 3 min rec
3 x BFR (40m buildup, 20m fast, 20m relaxed) 5 min rec
1 x EFE

Power Clean
3 mins rec
3 x 60, 62, 65, 1 x 67

S/set with 90 sec between reps
Squat 5s x 3r x 75
1 arm db row 4s x 8r x 30db

O/Head squat
90 sec rec
3s x 5r x 35

Lunge
90 sec rec
2s x 5r x 50

abs

stretch

Rating

picked up a virus and was off work Friday so didnā€™t train till today which was a lightish session.

Feeling pretty shit right now, not due to illness more just the way things are. Everything is sort of catching up such as overwork, long winter, weight gain (approx 4kg) and injuries / niggles. These include left rotator cuff (approx 4 weeks) and more recently and annoyingly my right achilles / calf. That was the reason I only did 1 EFE :mad:

Hang in there John :slight_smile:

L Rotor cuff and right calf = when i see this in clients, i go straight to their hips and 99 out of 100 i come up with hips that are out of wack caused from tightness coming from any or all in different amounts
1 tight thighs, or just one thigh
2 tight hammie/s
3 tight hip flexor/s
4 tight glute/s

these throw the hips out, and then manifest problems Outwards to the limbs
Use a ball and foam roll the rotor cuff areas - 1st time = crazy weird strange painā€¦

hope it helps, any Qā€™s, just ask

thanks guys. :cool:
Bold my whole recovery process has been pretty much non existent due to all the extra work Iā€™ve been doing so need to step that up. I know getting a routine going again will really help. I also meant to say I hurt my L ankle about 3 weeks ago when I stepped in a hole warming up. :rolleyes:

Auto Reg rating
+2

Conditioning
30 min rolling hills

abs

stretch

Rating
8 :cool:

Weighed myself this morning (been scared to) and if I drop 3kgs then will actually be fine which Iā€™m sure will be pretty simple.

Auto Reg rating

moderate hills
4 x 20 sec with walkback rec
15 mins
3 x 20 sec with walkback rec
15 mins
2 x 20 sec with walkback rec
15 mins
1 x 20 sec with walkback rec

Squat
3 mins rec
3 x 70, 80, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110

Bench 5s x 3r x 60
Iron Cross 4s x 5r x 5 plates

SLDL 3s x 5r x 75
DB cuban press 2s x 5r x 10db

abs

stretch

Rating

although still a bit tender achilles waay better than earlier in the week.

Auto Reg rating

Conditioning
Rower, 10 x 3min on, 1 min rec

abs

stretch

Rating

I have recently been using this book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trigger-Point-Therapy-Workbook-Self-Treatment/dp/1572243759/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I have found this to be really useful in managing by left sided lateral calf, left hamstring and left sided lower back pain.

I have had this pain in the lateral calf for around 3-4 years. It used to occur during tough endurance sessions on the track (when i went through a long to short intensive tempo type routine (dont ask!) ), and it got to the point where recently I cant even walk without getting it.

Iā€™ve tried everthing which only seemed to make it worse - 2 sets of orthotics, stretching, yoga, strengthening, rolfing, massage, resting etc etc and the only thing that seems to help is trigger point therapy.

I know its early days, and it may all come back when I resume working out, I just thought it worth a mention if John or anybody else wanted to give it a try. I found out trigger points in my gluteus minimus are potentially the cause of my pain. Now I have to work out what it is about me or my training which is creating the trigger points.

Thanks John, Iā€™ll have a good look at that. That said I really think the main issue is that I have been slack with my recovery. My body feels waaay better already with a bit more care such as doing foam roller between abs & stretch so it actually gets done. I had a contrast shower this morning (Sunday) which is first one for ages. Iā€™m sure a refocus on things like that, tidying up my diet (already started that) and dropping the stuff from my old job will really make a difference.

Auto Reg rating
+2

hills
3s x 4r x 40m 4/8 rec

Bench
3 mins rec
3 x 60, 65, 70, 75, 77

Hang snatch
90 sec rec
5s x 3r x 40

Squat 8 x 60, 3s x 8r x 90
Chins 3s x 5r

1 arm db swings
90 sec rec
2s x 5r x 22db

abs

stretch

Rating
9.9 :cool:

I really enjoy hill accelā€™s especially when injuries are very nearly gone. Canā€™t recall a single rep either running or weights that wasnā€™t good. :smiley:

Bolt :eek::cool:
Vili :cool:
Tiger :confused: WTF???

Auto Reg rating
-2 (poor sleep)

Conditioning
L & S tempo

abs

stretch

Rating

R ankle a bit tired from yesterday but got no worse.

Auto Reg rating

Hills
4 x 20 sec walkback rec (80 sec)
15 mins
3 x 20 sec walkback rec (80 sec)
15 mins
2 x 20 sec walkback rec (80 sec)
15 mins
1 x 20 sec walkback rec (80 sec)
15 mins

Power Clean
3 mins rec
3 x 60, 62, 65, 67, 1 x 70

Squat 5s x 3r x 75
1 arm db row 4s x 8r x 30db

O/Head squat
90 sec rec
3s x 5r x 35

Lunge
90 sec rec
2s x 5r x 50

abs

stretch

Rating

steeper hills than last week so a bit of an ass kicking

Auto Reg rating
+2

Conditioning
30 min rolling hills

abs

stretch

Rating

parts were ok, ankle not as sore as I thought it may have been following Thurs but it really hurt in new places at times.

Auto Reg rating

slight incline
3s x 4r x 40m 4/8 rec

Squat
3 mins rec
3 x 70, 80, 90, 95, 100, 105

Bench 5s x 3r x 60
Iron Cross 4s x 5r x 5 plates

SLDL 3s x 5r x 75
DB cuban press 2s x 5r x 10db

abs

stretch

Rating

not sure what to do. I was absolutely exhausted yesterday and ankle was pretty sore, today although noticeable it wasnā€™t that bad and certainly didnā€™t get worse. I have 7 weeks till the season starts and 9 weeks till first planned 400m hmmmmm right now I feel a million miles away from ready and donā€™t know what will happen. Something pretty major has to start happening!

Auto Reg rating
+2

Conditioning
Rower, 10 x 3min on, 1 min rec

abs

stretch

Rating

man thatā€™s boring! Ankle felt really good beforehand and after so maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel that isnā€™t a train coming :stuck_out_tongue:

FINALLY finished with all the stuff from my old job :slight_smile:

Go Tottenham :cool:

Auto Reg rating

moderate hills
2s x 3r x 30 sec 2/20 rec

Bench
3 mins rec
3 x 60, 65, 70, 75, 77

Hang snatch
90 sec rec
5s x 3r x 40

Rating

in some ways it wasnā€™t as bad as the rating but in others it wasā€¦I hoped things would be fine after 2 days off and the way things have been going but as soon as I started my warmup I could feel my achilles area still not right. It was sort of ok for reps but still not right and I am pretty down about it hence why I flagged most of work out, simply no motivation.

I donā€™t know what to do as I feel miles away from being ready for the season and physically not in a place to ā€˜Ć§ramā€™ ā€¦I am really tempted to just say stuff it and not bother and muck around doing other stuff like biking, rowing etc to stay fit.

As you know John - the season isnā€™t everything mate - get yourself right! Thereā€™s plenty of other stuff you can do. Thereā€™s always next year!

Thatā€™s one of the reasons i like my weekly Masters
meets - I donā€™t have to worry about ā€œseasonsā€ if
i donā€™t want to !!

I agree with Stormbikes -
I would - 1 - Look after the body 1st
2 - then worry about racing

Get a foam ball and get into them small areas that them large tubes just cant do well or get much pressure with.
Do some weights that focus on small areas, such as stabilizer muscles etc
Get a heap of flexibility work done to increase your range

I would take a full month off running, of any kind - and really focus on getting the body all fixed, relaxed and strong.

Then, do 2wks of easing back into it tempo
then do a Gpp

The other thing it will do, is freshen up your mind and make you enjoy it once again.

Oh - and heavy Calf raises - focusing on the bottom range with a static hold of 3-4seconds are great to help break up calf tightness. Really load it up with heavy weight, focus more on the stretch than doing the reps in full range of motion. 2wks of that and your calfs willl feel fantastic. :slight_smile: