I'm good at injuring myself heh, ankle advice..

ULS, try a bent knee soleus stretch. Hold the stretch for 3 minutes taking a deep breath after each minute and “sinking” into the stretch a little further. Walk around for a couple of minutes after the stretch, perform a few mini-jumps in place and see how the calf feels when you run.

T

Yes, I meant X-man’s reply in another thread, where he provided a site, I think.

Try what Thomas suggests though first!

I tried it, and it ended up feeling slightly better overall, but the pain in that region was still there. I don’t know what it is…it’s a sharp pain though. Hope its not the achilles!

And wow…I just realized. My ankle definitely feels a lot better with 10-12hrs of sleep…this weekend its felt pretty good, but each night of school I only get 7.5hrs and it hurts more during school. Darn this :frowning:

I’m going to start wearing my newer bball shoes which aren’t worn out though. The other pair I was wearing for over 1.5 years

I’m so tempted to just sprint through this, and hope it just gets better. My vertical is better than ever, strength is better than ever, my speed was better than ever(havent sprinted really in 6 weeks even though I’ve been hurt for 8wks), so all of these improvements are just tempting me even more to just go ahead. Anyone want to convince me on how dumb of an idea this might be? :smiley:

Steel, does the pain feel superficial or deep in the ankle?

T

Well, the original pain I had and still sort of have doesnt seem to be deep at all. Its somewhere near the surface, but not quite, if that makes sense.

This other pain in the lower calf area seems to be a little deeper but not that deep either. I’m not sure if this happened because of compensation…

I don’t even know if its a bone thing or not, but I don’t think I’ll be getting an X-Ray…

Oh yeah, I know this is probably REALLY dumb to be trying, but I can’t even bear my weight on my right ankle when I’m in the rolled position, specifically when I’m wearing a shoe or sneaker. Bare footed I seem to be able to do, but its very hard.

I can do it perfectly fine and easy as heck with my left ankle, but even if I do get my ankle in the rolled position, if I try to bear my weight on just that ankle its impossible. I just can’t do it.

Perhaps if I strengthen this it would benefit me?

I got right ankle woes to man, just sit it out, do sum tempo work, general fitness etc. Sprinting or any other strenous will only carry u back two steps in ur recovery. Im gonna be getting an X-Ray and see whats what to because its ridiculous that my ankle is troubling me for almost a month now.

Ouch man.

It’s just that, sometimes, I seriously am 98% pain free, like I’m good to go…then other times itll hurt like a bitch.

I’ve been hurt over 2 months…I really don’t think waiting it out any longer will help…i really don’t know man. It’s so tempting to just train again…especially when sometimes I feel like I could!

Yea same here, sucks 2 sit down and do basically nothing while Im so tempted to train, im gonna go to a chiropractor or something as soon as i can, cause as u said, waiting it out aint cutting it anymore.

Yeah man, my dad’s ankle injury lasted over 6 months when he hurt his!!!

How do I know which is the right chiropractor to go to for my ankle? I thought chiros were for back problems, but what do I know?

ignore this post

Hey guys whats up.

Well, I guess my ankle still isn’t really better yet.
The real improvements I’ve noticed are that the dull pain I had back in september and maybe october are gone, and that toe raise motion is mostly fine. Oh yeah, just read that post from october by me about me doing barefooted inversions…i can easily do that now…its not worth it to try with a shoe because its dangerous and ive tried and can only support weight for about a second

However, I guess I was wrong. My ankle is definitely looser, and I’m pretty sure it still has SOME swelling(its been 4 months…) I’ve been ice bathing it for the past 2 weeks or so , followed by 3 minutes of ankle activity(light hops, exaggerated walking, toe squats) what gives?

During tempo runs , I can DEFINITELY see a difference in the mechanics of my left ankle/foot (uninjured) and the right ankle/foot (injured one). Its like my left ankle or should I be saying foot is firm, and stays mostly straight. However, my right foot is doing this weird motion. It like sways left and right during each stride if that makes any sense? I don’t know how to explain it, but it moves left and right a lot!!! The foot is moving from the ankle joint, and it ends of landing where I want it to, but something is definitely not normal here

I don’t know if it’ll ever be 100%, but the swelling, and the weird mechanics have got me questioning whether or not I’m even close to recovering.

P.S: I’m not sure if I made things seem better than they really were back in August/September when I posted this thread. I probably made things seem alright. If I could have rated this injury on a I,II,III grade scale, it would probably be II or fractionally greater, but definitely not III.

edit: ill just try massaging out the scar tissue…seems to have helped my foot stay straight now already after a few days of this…