Gatlin with Seagrave in Fla.

Well…Ocho Cinco had checks refused, but made his own SUV out of a bus…

A supra… Yea they are quick… A second generation caught up to me after I left him at the stoplight in a 5.0. That was not suppose to happen…lol

Wait till i get my ISf

In their day they were the fastest street registerable race car in the world. On the drag strip 400m in under 7s without muscling up the bottom end. Usain Bolt on wheels.

7sec!? on a stock block!? Regardless, I know the fastest production car around that era was the 1987 Buick GNX but General Motors pulled it from the lineup because it was betting the flagship Corvette (gasp). Not sure when the Supra came in the mix but I do know they can roll. DAM you import guys with them turbos…lol

BTW, Asafa Powel has a Nissan Skyline. And I know Ato Bolden is into fast cars too. Nothing too hot in his stable though; just the basic turn key factory performance, nothing wicked custom. Hmmm, this must be another trait of sprinters; FAST CARS!!! Even Ben had that ugly (but fast) black Ferrari Testarossa . He should have gotten the Ferrari F-40 during his day!!!

Had to look that up… Is that a Lexus right?

The Lexus is the Supra(2 door) Soarer (4 door) stage2. In my back yard is a 2,000 model soarer, has the Supra suspension and a 2.5, 6 cylinder twin turbo, it is also the first Lexus.

yea i plan on getting one once they drop under 40k

Besides talking about cars - Anyone got any latest news on Gatlin?

Is this really Gatlin? http://twitter.com/Gold_100m

6.50 to 50m. great:cool: :rolleyes:

LMFAO!!! I ran 5.9 today and that was on sore legs.

maybe was 60…:slight_smile: lets hope so…other wise…run 12 .5 would be a miracle:)

There’s no way Gatlin would be running as slow as 6.50 50m if he’s in any reasonable shape whatsoever.

OK a 6.5 60 more than likely at practice hand time is also slow for a pro.

I suppose they could have somo photocells…6.50 ( with gun start or beep signal)…would be definitely fast…

eroszag–Very very few people in the US actually use electronic timing in practice on any sort of regular basis, if ever. HSI and Sprint Capital HT’d almost everything and I’m going to take a wild guess and say Gatlin is the same way.

6.5 in a 60, 55, or 50 is slow for a top sprinter.

Not necessarily, HSI guys were never world beaters at practice, even with hand times. Fogelson can elaborate, but I believe that Ato was running 6.6h in practice before some of his best races.

From His diary…I remember a 6 "16…offcourse not before a race…