Foam Rollers

I’ve been planning on buying one for awhile and was just wondering is there major differences between different brands because I see them at 20-30 dollars then I saw a few that are close to 100. I’ve read through descriptions and info and don’t see a difference really, so I just wanted to make sure if there is any major differerences.

Also I’ve seen vibaration rollers and was wondering if it’s worth the extra money?

Buy the twenty dollar roller, then use the remaining 80 bucks to get a good massage.

elitefts.com has some black ones that are indestructible. they are about twenty bucks. i bought one at target, it’s great but showing wear.

i’ve used pvc pipe also. works, but hurts.

The whit foam ones are a nice break in but rapidly get compressed and don’t do much

My black foam roller gets the most work

I picked up the foam roller Charlie mentioned in one of his DVD’s. It’s small hard plastic with rubber around it. Pricey and it hurts like a mother*****, I used it twice and then gave it to a friend who’s a masochist and likes the pain.

people won’t use it if it hurts just like people won’t use supplements that are less yummy than candy. as others have said, just get the black pb elite foam roller.

Travel Roller by Adam Wood is compact and will not compress as the foam rollers do fairly quickly. Every single one of my clients love this improved method of self treatment.
Everyone will be different for sure and some will need a foam roller as it might be more comfortable to use.
Advantages to either solution.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Spend $4 on a 2ft piece of PVC pipe 4" in diameter…wrap it in 1/2" thick of foam (or some sort of soft material) for $4-5 and you’re golden. :slight_smile: That’s what I had to do in order to make enough to satisfy a group of 25 athletes.

RG

Everyone make their own, the person who came up with the idea in the first place loses.