Finding May Solve Riddle of Fatigue in Muscles

How did you test- do you have an OW??

Yea I have an OW Star+ unit. It just provides a subset/summary of the results produced by the full-out OW system. I have used it on a few other athletes and can definitely see a correlation between strong performers and parasympathetic dominance.

As an aside: My unit is much cheaper but carries a monthly fee. I stopped paying the fee recently to and put the money into my therapy budget. If you can get Rupert to make his OW server available over the net somehow then I could pay you instead of the OW folks for my OW monthly fee:)

Even if they did find a way to prevent skeletal muscles from fatiguing, it still wouldn’t necessarily help strengthen the ligaments/tendons that need to transfer that extra force going through the body.

What’s the difference between ligaments fatiguing and muscles?

Ligaments don’t fatigue as they are a connective tissue.

Are you sure?

I don’t see the correlation.

I’m fairly certain. They require no neural activation and rely on no energetical substrates, so it would seem to follow that they can’t fatigue. They can sustain damage and give way under unrepaired stress, but they don’t “fatigue” in the same sense that the muscles do.

A couple of points – One is that researchers use the media well to generate self serving interests under the name of science. Resveratrol is another recent example of getting the NY Times to promote self serving interest.

Another point is overall mineral balance. Mother Nature is the best chemist. Foods that contain calcium also typically contain magnesium and potassium as well as organic anions (citrates, malates etc).

The latter, although acidic, can be converted to bicarbonate in the body quite easily. 1 mole of citrate > 3 moles of bicarb.

Potassium and magnesium are keys to maintaining an optimal pH. Enzyme kinetics can vary dramatically with pH changes.

Potassium and magnesium intakes have dropped dramatically over the last 100 + years due to processed foods and beverages. Ancient man consumed ~5-7X the amount of K that we do today. Not to mention our unusually high sodium intake which makes the situation even worse and low Mg intake.

Interestingly enough, K and organic anions are found in 1:1 molar ratios in veggies.
Eat your greens and lots of them.