Link won’t work carlo

but this will

everyone just download it from here
http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/breakers/7118/

sorry col, the link still doesn’t work.

It will, just that bandwidth has been exceeded :stuck_out_tongue:

wait till tommorrow

send me a copy fourthought14@hotmail.com

How about some comments on the program…?

What I see here (and from what I’ve heard), relatively low numbers of foot contacts/jumps and lots of olympic lifting. He also seems to stay around the 60m distance for his sprints. I’m assuming he did his shorter stuff in the fall (i.e. 20’s, 30’s, 40’s, etc.).

I didn’t see any squatting numbers in the workouts - just lots of cleans and snatches. Did Edwards stop doing squats after 1993, or is the squatting only done in the fall? On one level, it makes sense - since you are trying to minimize knee flexion on the landings in TJ. This is also reflected the large number of pulls from the hang position. Any comments?

I assume the Olympic lifts are satisfying his CNS requirements under more controlled conditions (as opposed to lots of hops, bounds, etc. which can get risky over higher numbers). Also, I assume the use of snatches and cleans also precludes the use of squats for max.strength work and CNS stimulation. Very interesting.

What do we know about other top LJ and TJ athletes and their use of jumps vs. weights (relative proportions)? Are they similar or different than Edwards?

Is it just me or are they exceptionally hard to read?

If you find it hard to read it, just zoom it. The quality is good.

Best,
Carlo Buzzichelli

Still waiting for someone else’s opinion of Edwards’ program…???

Number 2,

Still waiting for someone else’s opinion of Edwards’ program…???

Edwards specific phase from what I see is 16 weeks long (Feb-May). It is made up of 4 microcycles that are 5,5,2,4 weeks long.

The 1st & 2nd microcycles are made up of 3 weeks training, 1 week test, 1 week complete rest. The 3rd microcycle is 1 week training, 1 week test, while the 4th microcycle is 3 weeks training, 1 week test. Training weeks are mostly 4-6days. Test weeks are made up of 3-4 days of testing.

Edwards had a total of 73 days training & 47 days complete rest, assuming that all sessions were entered. Intensity gradually increases over the 16 weeks. He doesnt appear to do much sprinting or jumping. However has enough CNS stimulus per session, which may account for the number of rest days.

From what Ive read on his training they did abandon squats after the 93/94 season. Im not aware of his current training.

llenny

:slight_smile:

Is anybody having good luck with that download? I can’t seem to get it open. Seems like a real trend for me today at this site. Is this the same article from New Studies in Athletics from 1996 or so?

Yes it is the same article.

Carlo Buzzichelli

From my limited knowledge of triple jump (1 year experience) this is what I concluded:

I like his jumping sessions where he does jumps from various step approaches so ill do that next week and throughout the season.

I don’t know why he lifts weights before he jumps/sprints (earlier in his special prep phase)? maybe I’m just reading it wrong…?

Here is what his routines look like from June 10 – June 24 (where he jumps a massive one of 18.43 with a 2.4 tail wind)

June:

10- bench
11- competition
12- rest
13- snatch
14- sprints
15- clean
16- snatch
17- competition
18- rest
19- snatch failed 3x!!!
20- sprints
21- bench, strides (develops hay fever)
22- clean, strides
23- rest
24- competition jumps 18.43 (+2.4)

okay what do strides mean?

Thanks, what does everyone think?

TJ2k

Strides are run throughs. He does many weights sessions. In the month of June 55% (11 sessions) of his training prior to his 18.43m is spent in the gym. Maybe to reduce the pounding on his legs, that sprinting & jumping would produce.

As far as lifting prior to jumps/sprints, I think he’d sprint/jump first before going to the gym.

llenny

He lifts before track…

Does anyone still have a copy of this?

Many thanks

DW

I am interested in a copy too. If anyone has it. Regards,

TC