Coaches/Athletes in Houston?

Does anyone have a list of coaches and or professional sprinters (running 10 seconds or less in the 100) who train in Houston, Tx? I have an ongoing debate with a training partner of mine concerning relocating to Houston. His opinion is that moving to Houston is a bad idea considering there aren’t any sprinters who train in Houston and run 10 s or less in the 100. And since this is our ultimate goal we should move to a city like Dallas…which he says has numerous options. Currently, we are in Austin, Tx and have attempted to contact Darryl Woodson, Michael Rodgers coach, but apparently he only trains guys who are already running 10.2 s in the 100 or less. Right now my training partner has a pb of 10.47 s and i have a pb of 10.90 s in the 100. We are seriously looking to get our times down in hopes of competing professionally.

Come on down to H-Town.

I may have to make a run to Houston soon. What are the better tracks available to the public?

RB34…where do you train at and how are the facilities? Is finding a decent sprint group and coach that hard. I grew up in Spring,Tx and was going to attend Klein High School before my dad moved to Minnesota. I made my way back to Texas for college (ut austin) and visited Houston quite frequently during the my time in Mn and my time at ut. However, I am not as familiar with what Houston has to offer for an emerging athlete…esp. not what is available for a sprinter.

Houston is so damn big I’m sure there are better tracks around then the one’s I use. I use the Spring ISD tracks.

Not sure about sprint groups in Houston, I am in Minnesota and won’t back in Texas till August.