CNS fatigue and "central governor" model....

Its only been a year, I’m interested myself :slight_smile:

I went back to reading Noakes’ Central Governor theory and I could not do without noticing how the brain (CNS)- heart (ANS) connection is emphasized,which brings us back to Charlie’s Hi/Low approach,and the never enough highlighted importance to have and mantain a well structured general fitness in place even for the power speed athlete…

CFTS :where it all begun…

Waves are the perfect way to view the whole picture from the overall forward planning perspective in the long and medium term, and now, reactively and preventatively, from the observed and predicted (OW) status.
This can be a fascinating exercise as you can lay out the overlapping waves working backwards from the peak in general terms. Pakewi, think of the graph representing the time frame for optimization of individual training componants in wave form and lay each componant wave out in an overlapping fashion backwards from the point where peaking is to be initiated. Then you should be able to start filling in the numbers as a planning aid. We can go over this more specifically when you’re able to get over here again.

Fascinating as an adventure in the outer space…Truly looking forward to,Charlie!

Funny you should bring that up! Many of my teachers suggested I was spending a lot of time there during classes.

I have used Excel to plan out my year and the waves just like Charlie is explaining. This gives me the ratios between each training component in the Vertical integration model i need to achieve and then i can work backwards turning these ratios into sessions.

I guess with OW it would be even better because you could see it in real time. I’m saving up… but it will be a while.

Waves? Which waves are you talking about?

I just finished working one seminar work, subject was training: planning and programming. Based on my conversation with Juggler, tc0710 and blexy (http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/showthread.php?t=11026) I come to an “concept” about planning and programming the training:

1. Plan should have one stiff component to allow athlete do adapt to plan (planing recovery, periods in advance, wave-like loading) to acheave top-forme at the most important time and to avoid injuries.

2. Plan, on the other hand, should also have pliable component, to allow itself to adapt to athletes and changes in the training eniroment.

Changes in athlete is based on his rhytmic cycles in his working capacity, biorhytms, C.A.R., pschological states, fatigue etc. So is this waves you are talking about rhytmic cycles in his working capacity, biorhytms etc or something else?

Pakewi, can you please expand on how does HI/LO approach fits in the Central Governor Model (or vice versa). I am sorry, I dont get the concept right now…