Can learning about anatomy help a young self-coaching athlete become better?

It will teach him things about his body that he can use and implement with his program. If, for example, he learns the specifics of type I fibers, he may opt to drop the Ext. Tempo volume and/or Int. Tempo period to avoid fiber conversion. You see where I’m going?

I guess I’m not being too clear, but if he learns about his body both anatomically and physiologically/biomechanically, he will know more in reference to how his body should be treated and then he will be able to make necessary adjustments.

I hope I was clearer that time.

How creative and indirect do you have to be to make it fit :smiley:

Consequently, I can make a decisive argument that a book on Business Management will teach him things “that he can use and implement with his program.” For example, if he learns The Law of Diminishing Return he may opt to reduce Ext. Tempo volume and/or Int. Tempo period to increase efficiency and improve fitness. You see where I’m going?

Can we say that many books can be useful? However books on Anatomy and Business WILL NOT help you increase stride length, stride rate and/or reduced ground contact time…

Now if you want books that will help you get faster, why not invest in track books like CFTS, etc.

Who does what they know? I know so many people in Miami that have no education (less then a HS diploma) and are ripped from training hard and making wise decision.

Eat your vegetables

don’t eat junk food

exercise

work hard…

it not rocket science…except when the big boys do it.

Or brain surgery…Good points.

Isn’t it rocket science to get to the “big boys” level?

I can see no one is going to see it through my eyes so I’m done. I need to read books on learning how to argue and win because this sucks.

400stud,

relax…most of the work is done for you. Readers are leaders and I read every day for hours…

Yet you still found time to drink and party with some chicks. I admire you :smiley:

BTW - Thanks.

400stud,

That wild night was the first in about a year. I was at tufts visiting friends and boy look at the talent! Girls, Girls, Girls! I was wearing my swimming shirt and girls were just flocking! Not hard to do at a school with just nerds…Kranseyfluer-remember nerd in the morning, coach in the afternoon, hunter in the evening!

Just got to let loose sometimes, right? :smiley:

posted by clemson

I was wearing my swimming shirt

Your frigin hilirious! Clemson in his swimming shirt. I picture a tight fish net shirt. True!/?

Should we shag now or shag later…i bet she shags like a minx baaaby!

Timothy Lane
International Man of Mystery.

hahahaha “hunter”… whatever happened to T.? :wink:

Im a hunter and gatherer.
:smiley:

I’m a lover, not a fighter :smiley: