Camera with high speed shutter (slow motion)

What camera are you using when you are video recording running form etc?

I’m using a Sony HRD SR-1 with “smooth slow / sports” function that can take 100 images per second (720x576 resolution).

I’m going to upgrade and wondering what camera to buy. Been looking at the Casio exilim high speed series …

I recently purchased a Canon SX230HS for this purpose and am pleased with the slow motion performance. My only dislike of the camera is the battery, which is a proprietary lithium. When possible, I try to use devices with AA (or AAA) so that all my devices use the same batteries, but that’s a personal preference. It’s a compact camera, so my wife puts it in her purse and uses when I’m not using the slow motion feature. I believe I paid around $270 for mine, but I think the price has dropped a bit since.

If you are researching and comparing camera models, and good site is http://www.dpreview.com

Best,
Christopher

I’m quite satisfied with the Casio Ex-FH25. Though requires abundant light sourcing to realize the speed + resolution performance quotes. Digital zoom can be grainy and battery life, even with NiMH’s, can be very short. More so with rechargeables.

Recommend the Energizer Ultimate lithium batteries with this camera.

Casio Exilim HS EX-ZR100. Great functionalities and small enough to fit into your pocket when you’re coaching. Just check youtube for some examples.

This is a fine camera and I considered getting one myself, but I believe the EX-FH25 has been discontinued (B&H and other sites have it listed as discontinued). It is listed as new on some sites, but make sure to purchase from a reputable site. As I recall this camera was discontinued a year ago in the US. It’s possible there are still some new cameras in the supply chain, but I expect some of those new cameras are returns or refurbs.

Best,
Christopher

Good point on the FH25. Though my camera is over a year old I know of one that recently bought one. Perhaps an overstock. I do like what they are saying regarding the new line of Casio HS cameras.