Buying an EMS

and I have cfts, btw, as far as my knowledge of how to use ems. I also got a bit of experience with them as a soph in hs during the fall (my 55m pr at the time was 7.23) while doing pt for my left pcl for some quad strengthening

a-j,
You have the right idea and you have found something that is working for you. Charlie never had any money when training his athletes. People have this idea he was so high tech but his real expertise was in how creative he applied the key principles of proper training. He never had anything fancy to work with in terms of any equipment. It took him a long time to generate money and when he finally did he spent it having people work for him to improve the performance overall for the group.
If you have a stim that is working stick with it.

Originally Posted by tb2010
What models would you recommend as far as what I should be looking at?..I can’t throw down the type of cash a professional would…
… does the elite pro 2 have any of the problems that were discussed earlier…?

tb2010,
I have to partly echo what Angela wrote. EMS is not a panacea, and is not for everybody. For some it can help; for others it won’t necessarily produce results. The Globus Elite models are good units. We are not importing this model in the USA because the small market demand in North America, would not even cover FDA certification costs.

for the parameters stipulated within the EMS theory thread, my unit hits the marks. add the capacity to make my own programmes (same as charlies config) I actually like it.

Though its at the lower end of the elite spectrum of machines, as i said it covers what is required and isnt that expensive
as for build quality, my athletes call it the ‘car jacker’ as it feels rugged and loks like it could power a car lol

Every athlete starts somewhere, my lad went from 10.9 to that run in 18 months :slight_smile: now im trying to replicate with my new youngsters lol

Im a big fan of EMS

That unit does have great parameters but it only has 4 electrodes that can be used at once. Nothing wrong with that but it just means that it will take twice as long to do the work. It will take at least an hour to stim 5 body parts with 8 electrodes if you use Charlie’s protocols of 10/50/10 or 5/55/5.

Yeah that is true, I could have plumped a few more quid for the better pro 4 but at that time it was all I could realistically afford for something that I hadn’t had succes (as used cheaper commercial products)

I’m just used to the time it takes now tbh, sometimes I will just stim whilst watching tv… I guess you just gotta make the best with what you got or can get and if that means a longer session then so be it.

At some point I will purchase a better more user friendly unit but I get what I need at the moment

Originally posted by Ku2u#1:
I’m curious to (know) how you configured the proper chronaxie in microseconds for each area of the body that you listed in your EMS Digest manual

Ku2u#1,
Those are based on a workshop I took on the subject. When we configured the programs for North America, we increased those µs parameters based on target users, input of a consultant (who worked both with Globus and Compex), experience and comfort.

How come the pusle width/microsecond varations are listed in areas of the body instead of specific muscle groups? For instance why list upper leg, lower leg, upper torso, lower torso, etc? Wouldn’t the ideal microseconds vary between the quads, hamstrings, and glutes?

I have the Podcast file “CFEMS1”.
In the Forum Store, I no longer see this listed…all I see is “CF Podcast Series: EMS Part 2”…is this the same as what I have already, or it is “part 2”?
If different, is the “part 1” no longer relevant?

Ku2u#1,
I think you are right. They should be labelled according to muscle group.