Bruny Surin

I hear he’s making a comeback! 6.45 and 9.84 is the goal.

Are you sure you aren’t confusing his goals with his PBs? Equaling his old PBs when he is 42 would be pretty impressive…

Did you see his block training vid?

Yep, I am pretty sure that it doesn’t say his goal is to run 9.84 and 6.45 this year. He said he is only running a few races at most.

Why would someone write 9.84 on there training shirt, sounds pretty silly to me esp if it’s not something you are you trying to work towards? I don’t disagree with you, I assumed those were his upcoming season goals from what I saw on the vid. Anyways I wish him the best, I’m off to bed gotta train bright and early!

Well, his PR is 9.84, as I said, and he promotes a lot of his products saying stuff like “Surin 9.84” and the like. He’s done it for a while now. He is looking good though for an old man ;).

Got it, I didn’t know that. I must start following the sport more.

Originally Posted by fogelson
Yep, I am pretty sure that it doesn’t say his goal is to run 9.84 and 6.45 this year. He said he is only running a few races at most.

I hope Bruny does run some 100m races and goes after the 40-44 WR of 10.29 set by Troy Douglas, would be interesting, :slight_smile:

He is racing in Montreal on December 5th at McGill university. I’ve heard mixed reports of him either running the 50m or 60m. On a video posted on facebook it says he is going to try and break the canadian masters record of 7.09s

LOL, that shouldn’t be a problem.

where is that?

Not sure where you guys have seen it but there are 3 different videos on facebook floating around that one of Bruny’s agents for his agency posted.They feature Bruny doing starts, recording a 0.11 reaction time, doing block and speed work.

Could someone post the link or put into youtube?I do not have facebook, so do not know if I can access to it.

I will tell you what his goal is.
Did any one read my post the other day and doesnt anyone remember where Bruny is from.
His goal has already been deposited in his account! Thats coming straight out of you know who’s mouth.
Ha ha
you know he is feeling better when his comments are razor sharp.
I love it
Ange

That is pretty funny. But Ange, if you keep “switching” like this, we’ll just have to re-file your stuff under the Semenya thread for confused gender.
Glad to read Charlie is regaining his pithy sense of humour… he is some kind of genius you know !:cool:

He’s Backkkkkk!

It’s great to see that no illness can take away that wonderful mind and ascerbic wit!

He is coming on in a short while